Arsenal Vs Leicester City (PL)

Let’s not forget league cup ties were live on ITV, too. They only switched to Sky in 1997.

2 Likes

Remember when one leg was switched to a sunday.
Spuds 87 and Perry Groves screamer at Goodison 88.

3 Likes

Was this the second leg? Last min goal to take it into extra-time?

1 Like

First of the 3 games.

2 Likes

I think I’ll find it hard to resist the payment come 7pm tonight.

I’m feeling strangely apprehensive about the result almost as if our whole season depends on it.

I feel we should at least make top 4 this season but if we don’t win (and I’m suddenly not confident) that it’ll mean I was wrong and another shit season ahead.

Come on you reds!!

5 Likes

Definitely a must not lose game. Has draw written all over it and going on weekend results that’s okay.
Hopefully Partey inclusion gives a lift. Need too start with some tempo here. Not overly confident though and can see a 0 0.

1 Like

If Vardy plays, Arsenal 1-2 Leicester

Yeah, I’m starting to wonder the same. I’ve got free access to Sky, BT Sports and Disney+. With all that coming my way every month at no cost, suddenly a one off payment of £14.99 doesn’t feel quite so unreasonable.

1 Like

It might not be a one off though. In two weeks we have Villa, that game has not been selected for TV. Then after the international break we have Wolves, that game has also not been selected for TV. So if they continue with the PPV that’s 3 out of 5 games for us where we’re paying a “one off” fee of £15.

1 Like

Defo wont be but with restrictions and people not going out at the weekend, more people going too have extra money for it.
Its not nice but it is what it is. Opens a new can of worms of course.

1 Like

Yeah, and if you think about it Phoebs, Baggies fans and Leicester fans have had to fork out 30 quid in a fortnight.

Ridiculous!

I cancelled my Sky over two years ago, as I was going to most of the Arsenal games anyway, it was extra cost I didn’t need, to watch teams I don’t care about it.
Since then I have seen all the games on tv that I wanted to watch, I have also watched all the Tyson Fury fights, AJ fights, and I even watched the complete cricket test series this year. Best thing I ever did was get rid of sky… :soccer: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :boxing_glove:

1 Like

True but as always mate you dont have too pay. The whole history of the prem this. We had this for free, granted less games before it.
What can you do mate. Really hoped for a big change in the game when the virus hit. A re set but its gone the other way unfortunately.

2 Likes

Even if it’s not a one off I’ll stay pay it. It’s annoying because I already have other subscriptions but it’s only £15.

I’m really trying to not be too presumptuous about the nefarious intentions of PPV, but how often is it that 3 out of 5 Arsenal games are not selected for TV? I don’t have Sky or BT so don’t know what it’s normally like.

I guess you could argue in 2020 we’re an 8th place side that plays boring football so maybe that affects it and there may legitimately be 5 or 6 other games more enticing than Arsenal vs Leicester and Arsenal vs Wolves, but we’re also well supported and the FA cup holders.

My instant worry is they’ve decided Arsenal fans are among the most willing customers and one of the largest target audiences.

What’s the other games? All the other ones have been on sky sports main event and BT sport so far. Or we talking future ones?

Sure this is true of a lot of people. But I’m also hearing more about many people struggling due to the pandemic. Unemployment has gone up for example.

It just feels a bit like kicking people when they’re down. The price point is too high.

2 Likes

Well Liverpool were selected against Sheffield united and will of got big money off that. Massive fanbases are the target audiences. Deeper the season goes more people will be tempted.
Pretty much rode the storm already. Fans going too be fans. Not really free choice, but choice never the less.

2 Likes

To be honest though considering that fans aren’t allowed in the stadium, and what they would be spending on match days I.e travel, food, drinks etc… £15 to watch in the comfort of your home isn’t bad. I don’t think Their kicking fans when their down at all. We pay sky, they end up paying our clubs back anyway.

Undoubtedly it is but people facing unemployment or earnings sky, bt, is probably the first thing you look at cancelling.
Sure feels like the games changing by the week now though and you wonder what it will look like by the time we get back in the grounds.

1 Like