Arsenal vs Everton (PL)

Agreed. Let’s end the season in style and get ready for another great summer of investment.

COYG.

3 Likes

Let’s also all pray for a Xmas miracle too

1 Like

This is what the phrase “asshat” was invented for

Don’t feel myself looking forward to this match. EL qualification is ok but it feels like making official that we have to wait at least another season until we get back into the CL, barring a miracle of course, and it is made worse because of who gets the Top 4 spot instead of us. 50/50 whether I’ll watch, but will be hoping big time that Spuds somehow lose their match.

Big question to be answered today.

Will the new home shirt get a debut?

Yes it will

Completely agree. I can understand peoples frustrations with the end of season form but I haven’t been so invested in an Arsenal campaign for years

First time I’ve made a concerted effort to attend games more regularly too and actually enjoy being in the stadiums. No toxic atmosphere just fans enjoying and invested.

Whatever the result today I am totally looking forward to our summer business and think people should give Edu and Arteta the benefit of the doubt when it comes to transfers because they’ve actually done some really good business and have shown they’re not afraid to invest.

9 Likes

Also, at the start of the season, not many people had our squad above 5th place. And given the seasons that went before it there will be some people who’d have taken 5th place at the start of the season.

I’m not saying we should be celebrating finishing 5th or that we haven’t fucked up a good opportunity of getting Champions League football, just that the fans have had some good times, there have been positives.

6 Likes

Couldn’t give a rats arse what happens in this game today as I think it’ll be a meaningless exercise with spurs winning comfortably.

I’ll still probably get up at 1am to tune into the City vs Villa match though.

Also I don’t think anyone has mentioned this yet but the team is actually really young believe it or not. Good chance we naturally get better next season through the learning experience of this one

2 Likes

We’ll still be young for a good few years so it’ll also be an excuse for failure for a while also.

1 Like

Like that song, forever young

1 Like

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, are they gonna drop a bomb or not ? Fitting for Arsenal really.

2 Likes

It can’t be overstated how important a fully fit Partey was to us as well. We truly crumbled and Odegaard fell off a cliff once Partey picked up an injury.

If we can replace Xhaka with a high quality midfielder and also Lokonga makes the necessary adaptions I really think we can have a much better campaign even if we do lose Partey to injury

I want new full backs, a new central midfielder and a new left winger as the biggest priorities

4 Likes

Surely a striker also ???

3 Likes

Still pissed about the Newcastle game.

Whatever, see what develops this evening.

2 Likes

It’s the Southampton game for me. Newcastle played well, but we should have beaten Southampton.

I’m sure there are numerous other examples, but that’s the most recent disappointment in my mind.

2 Likes

I forgot about the most obvious one lol

2 Likes

Of course, it’s easy to see that… He’s the only true top level CM we have in the squad. The rest can only function and produce under the right, special circumstances… That’s why we need to add another CM on Partey’s level, both to strenghten the midfield but also to have some proper quality there when Partey isn’t fit and not rely on Xhaka and Elneny to carry us.

3 Likes