Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (Premier League) 4-1

Anyone know how good the Palace u21 team is?

better than Arsenalā€™s :slight_smile:

Palace binning off Vieira without a manager lined up to take over and putting in their U21 coach as a stop gap, deserve to get battered 6-0.

have to hope the players were actually on board with Vieira and now they down tools for the junior coach ā€¦

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t he a player at one time?

Yeah, was at Palace for years.

1 Like

Heā€™s right.

6 Likes

Wonder if weā€™ll see Partey at RB tomorrow if Holding isnā€™t trusted for this kind of fixture.

1 Like

Iā€™d honestly play Partey at RB or CB over playing Holding. But I doubt Arteta goes that far, he went into the season with Holding as a 2 choice RCB so obviously he has more faith in him than me.

2 Likes

Would rather play Nelson at RB at stick White back to CB

Regardless of Holding playing, you have to be looking at scoring 3 goals and thatā€™s the game won surely.

Palace have conceded 3 or more only 4 times this season, scoring 3 wonā€™t be anywhere near as easy as it sounds.

Lost their last 3 by 1-0 scorelines and 3 draws before that (1-1,1-1,0-0). Tbh looking at the results itā€™s even more baffling Vieira was sacked.

United 2-1 Palace
Palace 1-1 Brighton
Brentford 1-1 Palace
Palace 0-0 Liverpool
Villa 1-0 Palace
Palace 1-0 City
Brighton 1-0 Palace

Alright thatā€™s no wins in 7 and only 3/21 points but looking at the teams and results it really wasnā€™t sack worthy imo. Brentford and Brighton both having good seasons and even Villa have been on the up under Emery.

3 Likes

Palace problems are largely offensively not defensively, a moment or 2 of Rob Holdingā€™s inept play could see them nick something.

Iā€™m also not convinced that weā€™ll be at our free flowing best offensively after playing 120 minutes Thursday night.

Canā€™t afford dropped points in this one though, so one way or another we gotta get it done.

2 Likes

Idk Strolls. Iā€™m so down on Holdingā€™s ability and so wounded by that Spurs game that I just donā€™t trust him in a high pressure situation. Unfortunately all our games are high pressure right now.

I would do basically anything to not start him. Heā€™s unusable for me.

Arteta will probably start him though because itā€™s the least disruptive move.

Walters :eyes:

Who the fuck is Walters?

1 Like

1 Like

So either the kid RB and Benny White CB or Holding CB and White stays a RB (more likely).

Either way if we win is erik ten slaag gonna come out and praise Mikel for winning without the first team?

Oh is the game being played tonight then seeing as somebody already knows the Arsenal . I kinda assumed the squad was announced a couple of hours before the game.

Well the squad stay at a hotel night before matches. So stalkers can just watch and see who turns up.

I wonder what these guys did before the Internet was invented