Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (PL)

Lacazette? I really wasn’t impressed by his contribution on Thursday but it’s a new day. I going to put my agenda aside for the good of OA :raised_hands:

I’ve unfortunately fallen into the trap of building Tierney into Roberto Carlos reborn.

Excited to see how he does on his PL debut. Just seeing him have the balls to carry the ball with urgency, the confidence to dribble will be a fucking stark contrast to the bollocks we’ve dined on for what feels like years.

Do you not think he is one of our best players and possessor in the final third?

Not enthused at the prospect of Zaha running past Xhaka multiple times but hopefully Xhaka gets a yellow early and Unai takes him off. :arteta:

I don’t his style of play and I don’t like what it does to the team. Namely forcing Aubameyang to play wide left.

1 Like

No creative player, two midfielders to cover the gaps left by the fallbacks, which will inevitably lead to the midfield area empty.

Calling it now, we are going to struggle.

Edit: emery’s game isn’t about control at all; more more evidently it’s looking like quick raids forward via fallbacks, then defend deep.

What about his style don’t you like?

Roberto Carlos? Don’t run him down he’s the left footed David Beckham

1 Like

Well I attribute that more to Emery’s braindead management than Laca - I think if they played as an attacking 2, they would be quite formidable and even more complementary. IMHO he is our only final third interchange/creative player (which is sad) and he also scores important goals, sometimes individually.

Especially with Ozil on ice (or useless, or both), I feel he plays an even more important role in this team. Having said that, everything we do atm is so shambolic that it is really hard for anyone to shine.

1 Like

Lacazette’s good with the ball at his feet and holds the ball up well for a player of his size but I’m not enthralled by his link-up play. Not very quick either which limits what he can do even if he’s adept at dribbling. He’ll never beat his defender for speed.

2 Likes

Xhaka-Guendouzi pivot again that has not worked in the slightest. Emery man :facepalm:

We’ll be good today and Palace will be poor.
False dawn maybe but spuds getting stuffed also should be a good day to be a gooner today.

Neither could RVP or really Aguero for that matter… it is their guile, first step, and knowing how to position themself cleverly to get away at the right moment… and I’m not necessarily comparing him to those guys, just refuting this notion that a striker must be lightning like Henry - plenty have been very successful without that attribute.

Yeah I think his link up play can be hit and miss but a major problem is that we don’t really have players from midfield who support him, like Ramsey could. A lot of the time I think Lacazette basically feels like he has to drop back and do everything himself, otherwise the ball will never get to him because our build up is so terrible.

The speed thing always surprised me cause I remember my perception of him before he came being that he was fast and was extremely lethal on the counter, but that isn’t the player he is at all.

Better lineup than I expected but I’d still have Bellerin, Torreira and Holding starting. I’d also have Ozil in the squad. I’ve accepted though Ozil won’t play for us again and will be gone by January unless Emery is sacked prior.

Yay Xhaka again.

These decisions are inexplicable at this point but given that I didn’t expect them to be made, I’m not mad about it.

Yeah that is a bit of my point - we are shambolic at progression and Laca helps that issue. I do agree he wanders too much too far back at times, but I also think that is part and parcel of the frustration born out of the mess that we are under Emery.

1 Like

No point in Torreira starting when he gets deployed as a #10 :joy:

1 Like

Strikers don’t have to be lightning quick to be very successful. I agree with that point.

As I said before though…no agendas today :innocent: