Arsenal Vs Burnley (PL)

Oh shit, I looked at the wrong game. That’s the KO for the return fixture on 3/8. 11 AM I can do. Carry on!

2 Likes

615am on a Monday morning is dire for me this Monday, have to be at our depot at 730am for meetings at work.

2 Likes

2-1 Arsenal.

1 Like

even though we’ve been poor, we should be beating Burnley at home

1 Like

It’s the 89th minute. We are drawing 0-0. Another awful result looms. And then… You hear his music…

Bah gawd it’s Emery with the steel chair!

3 Likes

We win finally… whoop dee f*ing doo

Lol, I didn’t think I’d ever hear Chris Benoit’s music ever again

1 Like

No. We’ll be winning 4-0

Do you sleep @Phoebica?

That’s rich coming from you

1 Like

Hahaha I’ll pay that.

Are you optimistic yet?

We’re beating Burnley, mods change my prediction… Gooner win.

1 Like

Phobes is right, we ain’t losing to Burnley.We’re just not

1 Like

Remember we used to see the term ‘comfortable win’ on here? Right now any fucking sort of win will do. 2-1 to The Arsenal.

Why are we playing in this tragic timeslot again, it’s deflating to watch 90% of the league play before us over and over again.

Fortunately the break from Europa has our next few matches on Wednesday, Saturday and Tuesdays.

This is must win, a real relegation six pointer.

Seriously though we have Southampton, Everton and Chelsea next. For Mikel’s sake we need the 3 points.

The PL table has tight points disparity so our position doesn’t affect me too much, when a few results could radically shift the positioning of teams

Thomas Partey
Left thigh. Sustained a strain to the left thigh during Tottenham Hotspur (a) last Sunday. This is in the same area of the thigh as the initial strain which Thomas sustained against Aston Villa (h) on November 8. Thomas will be unavailable for forthcoming matches and is working hard with our medical team in order to return to training as soon as possible.

Probably out until somewhere in January then

Beating Burnley isn’t a problem because every team in the PL should be beating them at home but it’s the way we beat them that is more important.

Scraping an undeserved win against a Championship level team is not good enough and the following PL game against Southampton should be a win as well.
So that’s six points and in both matches we should be looking convincing.

Anything less than that and Arteta should be sacked straight away.
No more excuses from him, or the pundits that defend him, or the board that are so clueless they can’t see what’s happening.

It’s clear he’s not good enough for the job and, if we don’t win our next two PL games, he has to go, and that’s being generous.

3 Likes

We won’t score but Burnley might give us a own goal for a 1-0 win. Arteta will says that our 75 crosses payed off.

My concern is ariel ability from Burnley as we struggle so much defending these. If we are going to carry on putting in crosees we wont score from them. So if it goes down to determination and hard work then i cant see us getting anything out of this game. Especially as they are more commonly involved in bottom of the table scraps

1 Like