Arsenal Vs Burnley (PL)

2-0 to The Arsenal. Leno and Macey to score

2 Likes

I can see this being a bore draw.
Burnley will stop us playing our usual expansive, fast paced, attacking football, that Arteta has become renowned for.

If we do win, it will be an unconvincing 2-1 but I’ll go 1-1 with an Aubameyang penalty and Dyche moaning about the big clubs aways getting decisions going their way but completely forgetting that Arsenal aren’t a big club.

2 Likes

The key and main concern for me is Burnley play very similar to us. Its basic and compacted but in the last third of the field they have targets in the box.
They know their plan and are happy to play it. Our players are clearly not happy with ours and not fully sure of what its all about. Burnley will sense this and if they get a foot hold will win.

1 Like

0-0 with 1000 crosses made by Arsenal. Burnley with a meagre 999 and Arteta can tell us we’ve created the better chances in the game.

:vinai:

Sad thing is, you’re right, they really are shit… But I think your forgetting something… So the fuck are we.

2 Likes

They’re more shit though. I know Sheff United are bottom, but I actually think Burnley have been the worst team this season. SU have been a tad unlucky in a couple of games.

Burnley are best equipped out the four likely staying up.
They’ll be the hardest to be beat over the season. There stronger than the other 3 down there and not far behind Brighton with a game in hand.

I dunno, they don’t really have any proper talent any more. And I don’t see where the goals come from. Fulham and Brighton at least have options there. I think the current bottom 3 will finish as the bottom 3.

I really can’t see Fulham staying up tbh.

All I see here is a bunch of reasons that we should beat them and will look at afterwards and ask how did we not beat them :joy:

2 Likes

Fulham and WBA on the way down, Norwich and Bournemouth on the way back up

Even the relegation/promotion races are shit now. Parachute payments mean the same old teams come straight back up

1 Like

I thought that originally, but they’ve looked more threatening up top than Burnley. This is not the same Burnley of recent years. Their defence is not even any good these days. This is their Bournemouth season.

Norwich have done that for years. Never good enough for The Premier League too good for The Championship

1 Like

Okay fair point but I think Burnley will get out of it and going to push for them finishing higher than Newcastle who are 8 points ahead right now.

I think you could be right about Burnley.
They spent very little money, while all the other clubs have invested so Dyche has got the same players and it’s become a bit stale.

I think it will be Sheffield United, Fulham and either Burnley, Brighton or West Brom.

I think Brighton will be fine. They score enough goals: 5 more than us currently :laughing: for me it’s 3 from West Brom, Fulham, Burnley and Sheffield United. But I’m tipping Fulham to escape by the skin of their teeth.

Defeat to Burnley could see Arteta toppling

Not too confident he can win this

If we need a goal, he should bring them on later and see if it works.

It would be a brave manager, who would try something new by bringing on young inexperienced players, to save his job.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a manager like that so I expect him to pick the usual suspects, with the same tired tactics, and the inevitable performance.

1 Like

I don’t know if I want to wake up at 7 AM on a Sunday to watch this shit show.

1 Like

Are you 12 hours behind us?! I didn’t think America was that far back lol