Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

I was expecting something like a 1-1 draw and then a 2-1 win or 2-1 loss away.

I don’t care about all this haven’t let a goal in at home since whenever bollocks, they haven’t had a European semi final at home since whenever either. We’re not going to turn up there like Levante on a random Saturday.

This game will be everything for both clubs.

4 Likes

Not at their new stadium but they have had one as recently as 2016 and then again in 2014 :wink:

1 Like

Can we have Monreal and Mertesacker for the return leg? I feel safer with a left back and a retiring but experienced lumbering giant than these two. Kolasinac should take LB.

1 Like

We’re not really one of those “turns up when the chips are down” in Europe kind of teams.

I think you can expect a solid 0-0 out on away goals in madrid next week.

The only thing to be optimistic about is the fact we managed not to lose.

2 Likes

ohh well… had to stop watching when we were up 1-0 against 10 men and thought we would do enough to put pressure on the return leg, but wtf… now completely in their favor and they have to feel jubilant after playing with 10 men for EIGHTY F*ING MINUTES and drawing with an away goal…

Couldn’t have scripted it better for us and we still contrived to concede… arggggg.

:facepalm:

Yas, @shamrockgooner @Leper and I still on team Lyon.

come on lads!

Puto Simeone and his horrible face!

1 Like

Have to admit his antics were pretty pathetic… I have wanted him at Arsenal, but his awful complaining and screaming were kind of ridiculous… the Spanish acting culture and card-waving is the worst.

5 Likes

If he’s our manager, you won’t be saying the same. :grin:

I hope Marseille beat Atletico in the final

1 Like

You’ve already given up? I have lost hope but still hope for a miracle.

Not given up but WTF kind of result was that with the position we were in after 10 min?

1 Like

He’s a bastard but that’s exactly what we need lol.

1 Like

I can’t even think about the return leg yet. The pain.

Besides, @Electrifying has a big exam on Tuesday he needs all our support for first. One thing at a time lads.

11 Likes

Probably better supporting @Electrifying he won’t constantly let us down or bottle it constantly

6 Likes

Elec will keep it together for the full 90 minutes, I just know it

2 Likes

Fuck this shit. This has been arsenal for the last 5 years now.

The problem is clear: with all due respect (and there are very few people like him around), and all his qualities notwithstanding, the 68 yo Wenger has become too soft, too attached to these players. There’s very little warrior spirit in them, and Wenger doesn’t have the testosterone anymore to light some fire under these pussies.

No desire, no urgency no nothing. For fucks sake.
That being said, Wenger would have been irreplaceable 20-10 years ago. You couldn’t possibly find a guy so dedicated, so long-term oriented to build this club. Unfortunately, the club has been on a negative trend for the last 5-7 years.

I want to see warriors on the pitch, fighting like they haven’t won the title in 15 years, fighting like their life depended on it. All we’re seeing is a bunch of headless chicken. Fucking hell. Grow some balls.

People like to piss on Sanchez nowadays. But in his first two seasons here, you could see that he cared, he was a fighter. He wanted to win. No wonder he didn’t gel well with the rest of the squad.

1 Like

thanks lads :arteta: :smile: :joy: appreciate the OA support

I won’t let you down

2 Likes

OK.

Arsenal winning in Madrid. That is a long shot. This tie is over.