Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

I don’t.

Atletico’s record at home is insane, 9 goals only conceded ALL SEASON, its not over, but fuck don’t we have a task on our hands.

1 Like

I would have hope… but Atletico haven’t conceded at home since dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

3 Likes

Despite the depressing blow I thought we did pretty well. Crowd was up for it, team was up for it. The midfield were very professional, no suicidal runs from any of them. I thought Wilshere was very good, lots of good running and passing. Xhaka was good except for his despicable shots. Lacazette had lots of good play and Welbeck looked like a footballer.

We played the best defence in Europe in defence mode, what were people really expecting? People used to complain that we couldn’t break down Bolton.

We were in control and were fucked by one unbelievable error.

11 Likes

We only have a chance if the soviet is back.

I think that Arsenal’s chances are damn near zero due to the atrocious away form. Add in missing players like Mkhi and the task looks that much more unachievable.

Team plays like they don’t believe either on the road. Would be a great time (obviously) to turn that around, but I don’t see it.

1 Like

Really well summarised.

This feels like a defeat. Not only were we playing against 10 men for 80 minutes, but we also had clear cut chances. We won’t have it this easy in Madrid, and if we couldn’t get a positive result in this environment then I honestly see little to be positive about.

4 Likes

Shout out to the ref though. Not scared to book him twice in 10 mins. Also let the game go on. Not your usual European ref tbh.

8 Likes

Kos was muscling with Griezmann, the 2nd defenseman (Mustafi) should cover Kos in case Griez got pass him.

Mustafi did not do this (if I am not wrong), and this is simply shit basic defending

2 Likes

We need to pay one in the return leg. Atletico tried to fuck us up with his antics.

Nah this is not Mustadi’s fault.

Kos should have been goal side, it was his error but the reality is it’s not surprising that this defence does not know how to manage games and is also lacking disincline even in a winning position.

I[quote=“ronniec, post:271, topic:2288, full:true”]
Kos was muscling with Griezmann, the 2nd defenseman (Mustafi) should cover Kos in case Griez got pass him.

Mustafi did not do this (if I am not wrong), and this is simply shit basic defending
[/quote]

Pretty sad that Kos can’t out muscle that midget or make a decision. Literally anything other than what he attempted would have worked.

Mustafi tried to cover, but naturally fell down.

If I am Mustafi, I would be absolutely mystify why my defensive partner decide to slip and kick the ball into his own face and assist the opposition.

I should be applauded for even attempting to shuttle back to help try and clear the ball off the line when I should be laughing my head off before killing myself.

4 Likes

Such an arsenal way to end Wenger’s European tenure.

2 Likes

Urgh

1 Like

Easiest defend ever. Just need to push him a bit :facepalm:

The only “good thing” is that the 1-0 wouldn’t have probably been any different :xhaka:. Atletico would have easily beaten us at home.

Koscielny could have just kept running, he was there with the fucking ball. Why is he flailing like that. What an idiot.

4 Likes

@jmb27

Just by looking at this video, Mustafi had zero intention to cover Kos.

Jogi Low can simply tell him to fuck off now.
DFB doesn’t need this kind of shit defending.

2 Likes