Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

I’ve forgotten what this feeling of disappointment was like. :frowning_face:

Fuck sake.

We always bottle it. Different players same manager. 22years and nothing to show on the european stage.

1 Like

Really? But it happens every year with Arsenal.

2 Likes

They did the same thing against Chelsea and lost 3-1 at home

1 Like

Rubbish.

Yawn.

How?

This team do not know how to manage a game, both FB’s bombing forward and it’s always basic shit that fucks us over.

1 Like

As much as Wenger don’t coach our defence properly, i don’t think he tells them to behave like clowns.

1 Like

That mistake pissed the fuck off but despite the away goal, I thought our offense wasn’t all that good factoring in that they were at 10 men for 80minutes, our chance conversion is shite.

It’s simple if you only have a 1-0 lead you are prone to this kind of shit, least Liverpool scores bucketloads to soften the blow even if its preferable to not concede at all.

3 Likes

It does but I’d gotten used to it. This one was different tho

Athletico are a defensive team they don’t ship many goals at all.

1 Like

1-0 to Atletico next week. They are gonna just score one and the defend.

1-0 would have been a very disappointing result even if Koscielny hadn’t shit the bed.

Such a fucking anti-climax. I at least have some hope that we can go there and create a chance or two.

If only we had Auba, jesus we would have probably won by 3 or 4 goals tonight.

I’m not giving up but it’s like we have no fucking belief whatsoever that we can do anything in Europe.

4 Likes

Christ. I get the feeling of disappointment but writing the tie off as lost is ridiculous. If anyone at the club were to come out with anything approaching some of these comments there would be uproar.

It’s no different than it being 1-1 at half time in a game we need 3 points from. Not a great situation but far from fucking hopeless. Atletico won’t see this as game over and the only way it is is if our team sees it like that. We are absolutely capable of getting a result over there.

3 Likes

Despite Atletico’s defense it was Oblak that really kept them in the game.

What a difference a world class GK makes really, we need one doesn’t matter the cost.

2 Likes

For the whole 80mins look how they set up; everyone behind the ball, flooded the box and hoping for a break.

I’d never seen Oblak play before and I must say he’s outstanding

6 Likes

Sure. But still think we can do it.

1 Like

Maybe when the disappointment dies down and that second leg commences the reality that we could still cancel their away goal out over there… ahh fuck that man we’re fucked.

3 Likes