Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

Burgos should have been off as well. He looks like an heavy metal drummer, the clown!

Don’t be so pessimistic. People here have been saying that the Roma tie is still open. We’d be a bit hypocritical to say that this one is closed.

But the problem is that, even if we win this fucking shit of a trophy, nothing changes.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/alexkirkland/status/989615104898600961

everyone acting like it’s all over…

5 Likes

Don’t be naive.

He has to track back and defend there like you mentioned. You always cover for the other defender in case something happens, like well, what happened.

Mustafi tries to scurry back and falls down which is fitting.

2 Likes

Yeah, dirty Simeone needs to put under siege. I just want to see the players dead on the pitch. They have to give everything on the field.

My man that’s what I like to see some positivity.

Even tho we conceded I still think this ties anything but over.

I can see us dominating Atleti away from home just like Quique Setién’s Real Betis did at the weekend.

3 Likes

look, doesn’t matter if they got a red card, or we were at home, the fact that these chumps didn’t lose us the tie just yet is a big deal.

Let’s just see what happens in madrid

3 Likes

Completely get why people are despondent but fuck thinking we can’t do this. The got their goal, they are gonna start off defending, we got loads of chances, just need one to go our way next week which it didn’t tonight. Not giving up here and I’m usually a miserable pessimistic fuck.

4 Likes

I believe we can beat them. Just that we were handed the advantage and should have ended the tie in one leg. To be honest we were all over them in the first 15 minutes,so much so that when the red card was given I was disappointed thinking it was going to be too easy now and we were going to end up scoring at least 4 goals… so…

yeah they’ll probably kill us in Spain. They have the advantage now and a much better coach.

That early red card tonight was a poison chalice. You couldn’t pay these soft cunts to go for the jugular. As much as I loathe Wenger at this point in time, I was hoping that there was perhaps some - mediocre- glory written in the stars for his send off.

Unfortunately it seems that you cannot kill what you create in this story.

3 Likes

Tbh maybe it’s better Atletico having something today efend and not going fully attacking against our pack of card defence, and us having to attack too and not invite pressure in the 2nd leg.

I’m a tiny bit confident. Or at least not completely despondent.

Let’s see what they are like 11v11 but if we play like that next week then there’s no reason why we can’t score there.

1 Like

Lol standard Arsenal in Europe under Wenger, sums up his 20 year reign in European competition, fancy conceding an away goal to a side that had shut up shop for a 1-0 loss :rofl:

1 Like

I like the cut of your jib, Shammy. I’d say it’s probably a 40% chance for us so definitely not all lost.

40 % is wildly optimistic when even a 0-0 Draw gets Atletico through.

1 Like

Kosh literally kicked the ball into his own face, it was just a shit terrible decision, holy lord Wenger had nothing to do with this lol. If kosh just kicks the ball to the touch line we are celebrating a 1 nil win. It’s frustrating, but the pessimism in here is wayy ott. We actually dominated them more when it was 11 v 11. We can get a result there, I could easily see a 2 nil win for us. I’m pissed but the tie is far from over.

Btw don’t forget we have one huge factor in our favor. We always make spurs look shit…ALWAYYYYSSSSSS. It is written in the stars for us to win the Europa League and the scum to go trophyless again. Just like last year when we beat Chelsea, we just had to and we did.

4 Likes

Well I’m a glass 40% full kind of guy.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MrNigelMitchell/status/989642850693468161

1 Like

Seriously that away goal has simply put me in the most putrid mood at work all day :rage:

4 Likes

@Electrifying is right. First, the most important thing is that the tie is not over after the first leg. I feared it yesterday, despite saying the contrary. Second, Atletico have no full back left. If we got our soviet back i can see us giving them a nightmare on the wings.