Arsenal vs Aston Villa (PL) 2-1

That is my favorite time of year. When the transfer window glides quietly to a close.

2 Likes

Any news on Partey and Zinchenko?

It depends on which side of the closing door our transfer targets are. :grinning:

There have been rumours all morning that Elneny has a season ending injury

(Don’t @me if Twitter rumours make you upset)

Slightly more positive news, although I hope we don’t rush him.

Wouldn’t play him, rather let rest more for Man U game

Play him. Get the points on the board. cant take any game for granted. Get to OT with 15 points first and foremost.

6 Likes

Aston Villa is a winnable game with tiereny without risking zinchenko

If Sambi can’t play in a home game against Villa in this situation just put him in a box and send him away.

1 Like

I agree Sambi should play some minutes tomorrow. He looked good in pre-season and Arteta not sending him on loan means he trusts him.

Whether that’s only for cup games and Europe remains to be seen. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Elneny season ending injury? We surely need a midfield signing now!

how is this guy getting the same damn injuries. Speaking of which i thought that Driscoll was being gotten rid of…i think our doctors are crap and need to be gotten rid of they seem incompetent.

1 Like

He wasn’t being gotten rid of, he had a job offer at Liverpool which he eventually decided not to take. I don’t understand what people think our docs and physios are doing that is contributing to our injuries. Can someone explain it? These are highly trained and often highly sought after professionals.

2 Likes

just seems to me that a lot of these muscular injuries could/should be mitigated they have all of this tracking stuff etc but somehow we seemingly get no better. There has to be something amiss…if not doctors maybe training. Just seem to be getting far more injuries far more often than other clubs.

Obviously you didn’t watch the extended edition of All or Nothing when Gary used leeches on Tierney’s knee and gave Tomiyasu cocaine.

7 Likes

Mav you love your conspiracy theories lol

how is it conspiracy or a theory look at how many muscular injuries our players keep on getting, it has been said for years that something isnt right somewhere and it isn’t being fixed. Might be getting slightly better but it still is really bad.

I think the reality is the type of football we want to play means we have intense matches (every match because opposition is quality throughout the league) but equally intense training to get the level of technical football we seek and due to the size of our squad we have more injuries.

I think City escaped this previously because Pep rotated so much, I am interested to see how they fare with a smaller squad and higher workload required of all their players.

Obviously some players are machines and never get injured but they are really the exception.