Arsenal vs Aston Villa (PL) 2-1

Strong team, keep up the momentum. Maybe a minor change like Tomiyasu for White.

2 Likes

What is Arsenal’s record of most successive wins at start of season ?

Looks good to get 5 in a row

Assuming Partey and Zinchenko are still unavailable, I’d go:

–Nketiah - Jesus - Saka
----Smith-Rowe–Odegaard
----------Elneny---------
Tierney–Gabriel-Saliba–Tomiyasu
----------Ramsdale----------

I hope we win and then have a 30 minute laser light display celebration just to spite Andy Keyes and the rest of the bitter old men who make up the celebration police.

3 Likes

Can’t work out if it’s intentional but the combining of their names for efficiency, I rate it.

It was definitely not intentional. I started to type “andy gray” and then realized I wasn’t sure if it was spelled “grey” or “gray” and then thought it looked weird because it’s always written as “Keyes and Gray” right? So then I was like “okay, delete the last name and check on the spelling” but I got distracted and then finished typing without going back to check for typos.

1 Like

Hope we turn the pitch into a dancefloor while a giant disco ball appears and The Champs steps out to perform Tequila and people going absolutely mad partying to the morning light.

1 Like

Someone would have to check on Souness if that happened. He might have an aneurysm.

1 Like

bring pogba back as a backing dancer for celebrations see him really lose his mind.

2 Likes

What is anyone doing posting in this thread? I don’t care if this game is on Wednesday, there’s only one thing everyone should be talking about - the only thing that matters in football - TRANSFERS!

Eh. I think our market is done and in general Edu and Arteta have done a good job. The squad is two players short (same as it ever was) but I’d rather have our guys than Chelsea’s or ManU’s.

2 Likes

Ramsdale
Tomi
Saliba *
Gabriel
Tierney
Elneny
Xhaka*
Vieira
Odegaard *
Martinelli *
Jesus. *

*Sub all 5 of these when we go 3 goals up, ready for Scum on Sunday or whatever Sky call it.

Wouldn’t want too much change. ESR and Nketiah to start wide. Keep the rest the same.

Hopefully Partey and Zinchenko can get some minutes in the bank.

1 Like

Would you risk him? We don’t want him limping off after 30 minutes.

It’s hard to know as we aren’t the medical staff and aren’t privy to current situation. I guess we’ll know if he doesn’t part take in training he won’t be playing.

My stance is if he’s fine he should play.

Any slight condition though I’d sit him out for that reason you mention.

I think we need to get him as close to 100% as possible before risking him

This is the Internet. A lack of knowledge or insight has never stopped anyone from having a very strong opinion. Let’s jump to conclusions together.

6 Likes

This was a problem before the internet though. Thr internet has just given everyone quick access to share their bollocks with the world, even on complex subjects.

1 Like

I didn’t read your comment but BOOOOO. No, because, reasons. Etc.

1 Like

Exactly. Especially when it’s only a couple of days before it closes the door quietly.

1 Like