Arsenal vs Aston Villa (PL) 2-1

Agreed about Vieira getting his debut here. But I don’t mind Martinelli on bench with Man Utd coming up and I would like Jesus & Nketiah on Wednesday. Nketiah deserves a start him plus and Jesus looked very good when playing together in pre season as well . Also You have to reward players . When they make an impact.

Wouldnt mind resting both saka and Martinelli for the game against United. I have a lot of confidence that Nketiah and Jesus will be too much for most teams to handle. I’m actually really looking forward to the game they both start.

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Elneny
Odegaard Xhaka
ESR Nketiah Jesus

I’m expecting Arteta to name the same 11 as fulham tbf, always hard for managers to rotate a winning formula.

2 Likes

Both Jesus and Nketiah can play as wingers. It shouldn’t be a problem.

That’s not the problem though, we shouldn’t be using them as wingers when we only have the one backup for each other.

I’d expect us to use them fairly exclusively and only together when we’re chasing a goal.

1 Like

Btw, perhaps a good time to give Tomiyasu a start.

4 Likes

Was just thinking about that.

White did fine so far, bit we need more dynamism from our full backs. I’d really love to see Tomiyasu back at his best from last season flying down that right side.

1 Like

This is what I would like to see:

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
Odegaard-Elneny-Xhaka
Martinelli-Nketiah-ESR

Martinelli/Tomiyasu and Tierney/ESR have good chemistry.

I could see Arteta go unchanged though and then rotate heavily in the EL game after Man Utd.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t go for so much change while we’re on a roll and only 4 games in. Would’ve rather done it against Bournemouth if anyone.

Jesus, Odegaard and white can all rest against Zurich.

Villa are terrible. Hopefully SLippy G wont get the sack before the game.

Are Stevie G’s Villa the only team to get spanked by Bournemouth? Fucking hell.

Need to ensure he doesn’t get sacked before our game.

Lampard and Gerrard are genuinely terrible.
Meanwhile our boy Paddy is doing his thing with Palace, favourites to get relegated last sumner I shall remind people. Did a rebuild for that team as well.

1 Like

Surely Gerrard won’t be sacked so soon?

If they lose today I wouldn’t be shocked. I reckon the final nail in the coffin would be getting spanked by us after losing to West Ham though.
Purslow can’t keep protecting his bestie.

Villa look boring as fuck. 2-0 to the Arse.

by half time

1 Like

@DavidHillier we’re gonna get Gerrard sacked. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah it could be ugly, but they at least work hard on defense and harass, press a bit… they could be annoying to break down and its not like we made it easy for ourselves against Fulham. I’d be happy with clean sheet and more than 1 goal tbh.

GK Ramsdale

RB White CB Saliba Gabriel LB Zinchenko

CM Partey Xhaka

RW Saka AM Odegaard LW Martinelli

CF Jesus

I’d go heavy on rotation for our EL game in a week and bit

2 Likes

We honestly don’t need our best team to beat Villa. Zinchenko and Partey should absolutely not start. At best should be on the bench. Nketiah has earned a start too.

1 Like

Only one he’s earned it over is Saka and I do not wana see Eddie at RW ffs

If they’re healthy they should play, they’ve played 3 games, fatigue isn’t a factor at this point.

Obviously I wouldn’t play them if not 100 % though, but rotating now for the sake of it is just being too cute.

2 Likes