Arsenal v Liverpool (PL)

I get what you mean and I’m being reserved as far as my prediction (we’ll likely lose) but I hope the team don’t have that attitude going into this.

I don’t think it’s a free hit because it’s really a cup final considering that if we do win we’re pretty much nailed on for top 4 in my book.

1 Like

I just want to see some improvement against these lot. Most of these guys was playing in the Semi-Final and Liverpool dispatched us at the Emirates like we were ordinary.

Not asking for domination but not looking like scrubs isn’t too much I think.

10 Likes

Thing is, everyone was on about Palace being a tricky stomping ground for Man City (and so it’s proven)

On paper, Scouse cunts coming to Arsenal should be an even tougher game for them.

Anyhow we just lay down and die, even after going a goal down…I can feel my anger levels rising

3 Likes

Liverpool beating us up just feels inevitable. It’s a aggravating circumstance indeed.

1 Like

Me too, I think it’s going to be a 3-3 thriller. :grinning:

2 Likes

That is another way to look at it, in terms of it representing the match that could result in us pretty much locking up Top 4 if we win. Hopefully whoever chances fall to to score will be clinical.

1 Like

Liverpool are only four points behind Man City with a game in hand so the match against us is even more important.

If they win, Liverpool go a point behind Man City, if we win, we are well on the way to a top four place.

It’s got draw written all over it. :grinning:

3 Likes

I think it becomes a good point for them too now. Think they might be a little less cut throat now. Battle hard and can see a draw. 0 0.

2 Likes

Here to hoping we get proper refereeing in this match. Mané should have been sent off in the last two games against us.
Hope we don’t get a referee display like the one we had vs City.

I think we can win this … it is a tough game and you can’t have the refs on their side as well. They have been getting all the calls in their favour this season.

4 Likes

If we win and then shit on the Villa on Saturday I’d fancy us for third but it’s quite easy to see us losing on Wednesday and then being knackered on Saturday and getting over turned too.

Massive test for Arteta and this squad this week

5 Likes

I think you’re right.
We are one of the in form teams so a point against us, away from home, might be seen as a good result, although I doubt they are coming here for a draw because they are in form as well.

It could be one of the most important games of the season with so much riding on it for both clubs.

2 Likes

Would love to put a dent in their title hopes

8 Likes

Where is Arshavin when we need him :santi:

8 Likes

Liverpool will be coming to win and I can’t see them being content with a draw, they’re one of the top 3 sides in the world and they’ll fancy themselves to get the job done irrespective of venue.

4 Likes

Other way to look at it is ‘This makes them prone’
They have no choice but to win & that should give us more opportunities to hurt them.

2 Likes

This could be the win that makes me leave my wife and look for love at my local Artetasexual club.

11 Likes

Tomorrow Liverpool will be fired up due to city dropping points.

Pressure on them will be even bigger, could work in our favour.

They will be worried going to the in-form team of the league knowing they need 3 points.

4 Likes

So you’re not worried then? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s worrying right?

2 Likes