Arsenal v Liverpool (PL)

It’ll be like Giro day for the Scaaaasers

Huge game, but our trajectory is truly up irrespective of this game in isolation, we should have won the United game and we were robbed by the ref/VAR in the City game and were not the lesser team in that game either.

Right now, no! Feel like we’ll have a great night

7 Likes

Interesting viewpoint. I would have thought any dropped points by City would invigorate Liverpool’s performance against us - I don’t think they’d be happy at all if they failed to capitalise completely with 3 points.

Separately, I have low expectations in terms of the result but high expectations in terms of the performance. I want to see bottle, I want to see courage and I want to see us playing without fear. No silly mistakes, no soft goals that skew the result. Professional, focused and if we lose then take it on the chin. They’re better than us.

6 Likes

Yes agree. To be clear I think they will look for the win but it’s not a must win game for them as much now.
Just think they won’t roll the dice in the last 15 say.
Biggest issue we will have is midfield. Fabinho and Henderson will be all over Odegaard on the ball.

2 Likes

I work with several Liverpool fans and they’ve been insufferable today after the Palace “win” and they’re certain that a Liverpool win tomorrow evening is inevitable so I really hope we do a proper scrappy smash and grab job on the cunts.

Something that’ll really get them salty. Gonna wear my Arsenal top to work if we win.

6 Likes

Voted for a win, but definitely a more hopeful vote. It’s gonna be tough. To take 3 points here from 1 Of our tough games in hand and help to push them back in the title race would be nice.

I think a draw is definitely doable and I’d take it. Potential is there, but Cedric is a weak spot defensively. He’s much improved, but losing track of your opponent will hurt us. L’pool is too good and will take advantage. He needs to remain focused and Saka is gonna need to help him out.

ESR off the bench is a good weapon to have. We have the attacking ability to score now. Need Saka to be on it with his decision making in the final third this match.

A loss isn’t the end of the world. Let’s put in a good fight and see where we are at. This is a proper test with almost a full strength squad (- Tomi). If we play good smart football and lose, then so be it. Just don’t collapse.

5 Likes

At least we know the opposition team aren’t going to come here and play for a draw.
It should be a good game with both teams going for the win.

If they score first it might be difficult for us to break them down but if we score first then Liverpool will have to attack which might work in our favour and there could be a few goals.

3 Likes

Exactly. I think I’ll have to avoid twitter if we lose because you know the overdramatic troublesome supporters will be calling for Arteta’s head. I just want a good match with XI players on the pitch for the entire match. We know they are better than us, but we also know that we can beat anyone on our day. We have that capability now, but we can’t shoot ourselves in the foot. This is a measure of maturity and discipline. A solid match with no major mistakes in a big game is good progress.

For the first time in a while, I’m excited for the run-in, the transfer window and what’s to come next season.

5 Likes

This thread. :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Liverpool will play at 100mph like they always do against us. It’s worked for them countless times. Can’t see them changing their approach at all.

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Game raising cunts

4 Likes
3 Likes

Was that the 1-1 draw? Crouch scored for them.

It was probably in the 08/09 season in fact. Neither of us were on a good run of form going into that game at the Emirates in March 2008.

I believe it was the 4-4, right?

1 Like

That was 09 (April)

2 Likes

Want ESR starting over Martenelli. Can bring him on for impact later.
Want and need as much control on the ball as we can get.
Out pacing TAA is no good if your stopping all the time to put it on your left.
Plus ESR scores and plays in harder areas to defend. Brains and touch over pace.

1 Like

I agree in theory as long as ESR is physically capable of 70 minutes of hard running. He hasn’t been right for months, then he got Covid, and the other day he looked exhausted after about five minutes on the pitch.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m one who has concerns over his fitness levels because the kid is stand out material.
Not sure because I’m a cynical prick I fully bought the covid thing.
I am surprised how many though choose Martenelli over ESR if both available.

1 Like