Arsenal Reserves & Youths

We seem to have a more coherent loan system in place these days anyway. So it’s likely that we think his development is better served elsewhere but at least we’ve got people overseeing this shit now

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe thinking of giving him some time with the first team next season

Azeez going to Kolo Toure’s Wigan.

Loan?

Dunno.

Apparently Vigar and Hart have both gone straight into Derbys U2q squad

Pointless loan

Whatever happened to Ethan Nwaneri, is he in detention?

:zipper_mouth_face:

Reminds me Mourinho threw a little strop before half time last night

1 Like

On Nwaneri, I think it has been mentioned before but it’s very likely Arteta put him in against Brentford to claim the record. He wouldn’t have done had we not been winning the game by 3 goals.

He participated in some of the friendlies when the WC was on and looked pretty good. Him and a couple of other youngsters actually. We have a good batch of youngsters coming up, weirdly a lot of them are left-footers.

2 Likes

:snake:

£300m fat todd

1 Like

And this is the reason why he was given a debut. Partly to get the record, but mostly to convince him and his team that there is a pathway into the Arsenal first-team setup.

3 Likes

He’d be mad to leave for Chelsea.

City I understand.

But we’d offer a better opportunity if he wants to stay in London

1 Like

This has truly devastated me and ruined my Friday evening

6 Likes

I remember a Tifo video (I think it was Barcelona academy) that talked about agent influence in academy. Many players choose finance over the football reasons. Ajax (I think) refuses to work with agents for players under 16’s.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a widespread issue.

Could be twitter talking bollocks again tho anyway.

1 Like

Tbh, I don’t particularly care. It’s bound not all will make it. Patino, MLS and Nwaneri. Most likely scenario is that only one will make it.

This is what SecretScout mainly do. They report on youth moves and always get it right. Broke the news on Omari as well.

@Flexo is right. Him being used was also done to make him get a taste of the PL and show him that there is pathway to the first team.