Arsenal Reserves & Youths

A long way to go to get to senior football but MLS is a beast.

4 Likes

Thomas Partey style player, hopefully turns out just as good.

2 Likes

Looks impressive. Timing is really good.

1 Like

What position is he?

He looks really good.

Myles above anyone else in that midfield.

6 Likes

Just hope he doesnā€™t do a Hutchinson on us.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Cozier-Duberry next season. He is about to hit the point in player development where a guy like Saka just forced his way into the first team whereas a guy like Hutchinson stalled out.

I donā€™t think ACD is Saka (thatā€™s just an unfair comparison in general) but he is a bit more physical and seems to have more of a dog in him than Hutchinson.

1 Like

There is a disproportionate number of double barrell named players who have come through our academy the past few years. Some of them sound like they should be fucking Etonians

2 Likes

They are just honouring the great Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

2 Likes

:laca:

1 Like

Come on you Yoofs :red_circle::white_circle::facepunch:

Won with a last minute goal.
We are a very good team but lack decisiveness in either box. Sometimes a bit naĆÆve.

Players think they can dribble their way through the opposition and shoot and score.
They need to develop more in the final 3rd, but the play before that point is very good and lovely to watch.
Some real good players to, Lewis-Skelly in the middle runs the game, looks so comfortable and drives forward very well. Cozier-Duberry is a dangerous Saka type player on the flank and Nwaneri is a very good footballer centrally, creative and tricky going forward well.
Sousa and Walters at the back stand out for me to, again comfortable on the ball and play the way the first team do going forward and inverting the fullbacks.
Rosiak had a good game and got the winner, and I think Gower came on and looked very good, reminded me of a very young Jack Wilshere.

3 Likes

The fella below has the Diaby daddy long legs

1 Like

Only 16 lol

1 Like

Hale End Excellence <3

Keep hearing this but I have no fucking clue why heā€™d go to Chelsea of all clubs. Those guys are allergic to developing their own youth, Mason Mount aside.

City are a little bit better but itā€™s not like heā€™s gonna have much of a road to the first team there either.

1 Like

:moneybag: and promises, almost always works.

Yeah, these players are on scholarship terms now but they can sign a first professional contract at 17.

Chelsea are throwing so much money around in general that its not hard to see them whispering into Nwaneriā€™s agentā€™s ear that they will give him 40k per week the day he turns 17. Sensible clubs arenā€™t keen on that kind of thing as it creates a massive gap between players within the academy (many players might be on like 1k per week) and tend to have a pretty strict wage scale for that first contract at 17.

The smart thing to do would still be to pick the club that will give him the best opportunity to get to the first team and maximize his earn in the long term. But it could be that he or his family canā€™t look past the chance at securing 40k per week as soon as they can.