Arsenal Reserves & Youths

Thought that was Gervinho for a second

Norton-Cuffy apparently joining Rotherham on loan.

Not apparently. I think itā€™s official. :grin:

Remember the nameā€¦maybe

I am not sure it is a good idea to bring so much focus on a 15-year-old so soon.

Martin Odegaard was 15 years old when he played for his team but itā€™s a different pressure to do so for Arsenal & living in London.

2 Likes

The Hale end documentary is quite interesting.

We laugh a lot about that panic transfer buys in 2011 but that moment gave us

1. the person who is shaping our immediate future
  2. the person who is shaping our distant future

Funny how things pan out.

Mika Biereth bagged a brace coming off the bench in the Eredivisie, including a classy winner on 80 minutes. Heā€™d only played 23 minutes before today due to injury so this was his first extended action.

I doubt he makes it at Arsenal but he might make us some money one day. Kid has scored goals everywhere he has played.

3 Likes

No idea how he is doing in general but this seems good. He has started and played the full 90 in every game this year so at least he is getting some experience.

1 Like

U18 level isnā€™t great but crapping all over it as a 15-year-old is still impressive as most players are two years older. Two nice goals and really should have had a third.

My guess is that he starts playing regularly with the U23 soon. Iā€™m not sure there is much more for him to learn at this level.

3 Likes

We do have a knack for producing good players I think. :grin:

I saw a lot of players in that video who clearly werenā€™t ā€œproducedā€ by Arsenal and did a lot of their development at prior or subsequent clubs.

2 Likes

Nah, we own them all. :shushing_face::wink:

Our four of our best youth prospects are all left footed, 3 are midfielders. Fucking hell.

Patino, Nwaneri, Sousa and Lewis-Skelly.

1 Like

:cold_sweat:.

2 Likes

Our double barrelled kings are coming :sunglasses:

1 Like

I didnā€™t see this match but this was an impressive cameo from Cozier-Duberry and I hope we see him in the FA Cup against Oxford at some point. Marquinhos is more physically ready for first team level but Cozier-Duberry looks like a better footballer.

He is very similar to Omari Hutchinson but two years younger so between him and Nwaneri as another left footed attacking prospect I can see why we were fine with Hutchinson fucking off to Chelsea.

1 Like

Look at this hit from Nwaneri at around :25. Itā€™s like a fucking laser.

1 Like

Brooke Norton-Cuffy recalled from his Rotherham loan.

He was starting consistently for them all fall but then only has come off the bench since coming back from the break. Either something changed for him there that we are concerned about or, perhaps more likely, we informed them that we would be calling him back and so they started to phase him out a little bit.

Edit: Apparently now being loaned to Coventry.