Arsenal Football Club History

We only won that because Bayern got to cocky about us imo. Nearly cost them aswell

Yea they definitely underestimated us and they got lucky on the end that we couldn’t make it count, but it was still an impressive individual display. Even if it counted for nothing. I’d bet OnlineMunchen was fuming that night that they nearly fucked it.

1 Like

I like to think UEFA abolishing the away goals rule was Arsene bringing his FIFA influence to bear after being done by that stupid rule time and time again.

1 Like

As though living it once wasn’t bad enough. Our pedigree in the CL was absolute dog shit. Even good memories like beating Barca meant fuck all in the end so what’s even the point.

Outside getting retweets this stuff really doesn’t matter if you can’t do it over two legs.

I pray we go into the CL next season with a different mentality. Our record in the knockout stages makes me sick

2 Likes

I was there!! Its even worse lol :laca:

1 Like

A day after a great win and on the cusp of new glory and new heroes are we actually lamenting this again.
We could be in our most significant season since then.
Let’s not bring the mood down going over this again.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Wiltord and Lauren were probably the two most underrated players when Wenger was successful and would have stood out in most other PL teams.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Its the young pretender!

To this day I think this might be the best Arsenal performance over 90 mins I’ve ever seen.

Fuck me, that’s almost a decade ago now :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Practically next door to where I lived for years with my dad, and just up the hill from @SRCJJ

Bogs of my old local pub was apparently our original changing room, some of the fittings looked like they’d survived since then :grin:

6 Likes

Wow that’s pretty cool. Could you still hear the echoes from chanting of the past?

1 Like

Love the red shorts