Arsenal Football Club History

It’s because of these guys why I support Arsenal, so happy they are all still with us too

4 Likes

Great picture.
I recognise O’Leary, Stapleton, Jennings, Nelson, Rice and Brady but who is the other player?

2 Likes

John Devine

4 Likes

One of my first Highbury heroes. Helped Wales to the 1958 WC quarter-finals.

5 Likes

What a game this was. Alexis was on another level

4 Likes

That was one where he rolled it off his foot to set himself up.

Amazing player. Arguably the last world class player we signed

Good game on ITV4 at 10.55 later.
Arsenal v Liverpool in the best league finish there’s been.

1 Like

Supporters at Kings Cross going to Huddersfield for the F.A. Cup semi-final against Grimsby Town in 1936. To save you from scurrying into the web, we won 1-0. No, that’s not me, but I had a big wooden rattle like that kid at the top of the bunch. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It’s disgraceful behaviour from a bunch of hooligans who’ve nothing better to do than smash up trains.
That bloke on the right, with the striped offensive weapon, is about to hit the man waving his top hat in the air just because he’s wearing his pyjamas on public transport.

It’s a good job that this early CCTV footage caught them in the act and they were given a good clip round the ear. :grinning:

2 Likes

OA’s first ever meet up

2 Likes

Which one is you mate? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I went there when we won 4 3 in the 80s. Charlie Nicholas hat trick.
Bloody cold place though.

I was a sub. Hadn’t been called on yet. :wink:

5 Likes

Great picture but breaking your arm after falling off your captain’s shoulder, while celebrating a League Cup win, is probably not what most players want as the highlight of their playing career. :grinning:

1 Like

That ad was in the 1993 FA cup final match programme which I used to have as a young lad.

The idea that a current day footballer might advertise a tobacco product is pretty funny

Came up short over the two legs but beating Bayern on their own turf not a regular occurrence.

2 Likes

How much did we lose the home leg?

3-1

Ahhh at least we know where to go to be reminded of needless, painful Arsenal memories of seasons past :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes