Arsenal Football Club History

6 Likes
9 Likes

17 years ago, bloody hell. Scary how quickly time flies

1 Like

I know this picture of Arsenals Irishmen been posted before, just found the non Irish sounding names hilarious namely John Devine who sounds like he could of been part of a 90s r’n’b super group alongside Devante Swing and Mr Delvin :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

How the bloody hell can Terry Mancini be Irish?!

He’s about as Irish as Tony Cascarino

1 Like

Haha exactly.

1 Like

Loads of Devine’s in Ireland. Sounds quite an Irish name to me.

The Mancini’s and Cascarinos of this world are because of our tradition of Italian run fish and chip shops which goes back a fair bit.

2 Likes

Should put Terry Neil on that picture. Do remember they always played the Dubliners on the coach going to wembley in the three consecutive finals.

1 Like
6 Likes

Absolute top drawer. Fuck the first 10 mins of that final was like a sick nightmare.

4 Likes

If Kieran Gibbs is an inch shorter we never win that game.

2 Likes

Wenger would have left if he lost that final imo

Man, I remember the OA Match Day Chat for this game. Was an ugly place when we went 2-0 down within 8minutes.

1 Like

He should have anyway.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The assault that lead to Andy’s broken nose by Mark Bright was disgusting.
This is the most poetic justice goal in cup final history.
It’s an underplayed goal in our history but one of my favourites.
Loved Wrighty first as well.

3 Likes
8 Likes

God knows how many VAR minutes we would of had on that first goal now.

5 Likes

Always nice to see small clubs win throphies, before sir Arsene of Wenger put us on the football map.

2 Likes

The match was shown a few days ago and, although I’ve seen it loads of times, I watched it again and was amazed at our work rate and pressing for the whole game.

Anyone who wants to see our players dismantle the best team in Europe with hard work, a well organised defence and an unbelievable desire to win, have a look at this.

Undisputedly the greatest league title win ever, despite what Sky Sport say about Man City beating a relegation QPR team to win the PL.

2 Likes