Arsenal Football Club History

4 Likes

How many can the oldies on here can name ?

1 Like

Only 5 :pensive:

I managed 11 .

1 Like

Fuck the modern day City, the lottery winning bastards :grin:

2 Likes

That Henry goal is one I still remember :heart_eyes:

That damn season, though. Ought to have won the league.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder - is the hunger there/do we go unbeaten the following season if we win the title in 02/03 :grin: missing out on the title that season was a big motivating factor for what we achieved in 03/04

5 Likes

No we probably don’t, but I’d rather 3 consecutive league titles over 2 in 3 and an unbeaten season.

I understand some might have different opinions on that though.

2 Likes

Cracking viewing that was that game.

There is a few I recognise, Barnett, Wilson, George, Rice, Graham, Howe, McKlintock, Armstrong, Nelson and some others I’m not sure about.

Was that taken at the Arsenal Centenary game, where loads of ex Arsenal players came out on to the pitch at Highbury?

I was at that match and we beat Southampton 1-0.
One of the few games where I stood in the Clock End.

2 Likes

I also got Jon Sammels and Ray Kennedy .
I would say Stroller could name a few too

2 Likes

4 Likes

Won a league title with Derby did Charlie.

I got a picture with him when I went for the hospitality package at Highbury. Lofty from Eastenders was in on the picture, too.

4 Likes

I went up too Liverpool when Lofty was doing readings of Fever Pitch.
Last chapter was a good moment. Lot of Everton fans there for it.
Wish they’d do the readings of it again. Went 3 times watching that.

4 Likes

Was that in the away pub there? The Arkles, or something?

2 Likes

Nah it was in a theatre. The arkles is one of their pubs isn’t it by the ground.
Been in that one. Funny enough ive had more trouble at Everton. More in the 80s tbf.
Had a strong racist thing running through them from the time when Liverpool signed Barnes. Gave a lot of stick out too teams like Arsenal who had a few black players.

3 Likes

Yeah astonishingly close to the stadium (Anfield) and yet it’s an away fans pub :joy:

Been getting my tickets from my Arsenal contact from that pub.

It’s also the same pub used when we go up Goodison. Just a walk up Stanley Park from that point (which is weirdly pleasant when our fixture is in August/Sept or April/May)

2 Likes
4 Likes

Bargain buy from Poundland. Worth having a look in a local store if anyone’s on the lookout for it :grin:

7 Likes

That DVD has got everything.
Drama, suspense, great performances and a brilliant finale.
I can’t believe it didn’t win an Oscar for best film.

7 Likes