Arsenal Football Club History

What was our xG in European games. :wink:

Doesn’t really matter cuz we actually were playing champions league football against Barcelona at the Camp Nou and not on a Thursday against a club called fucking Mold :joy::joy: honestly tho the current plight is only what you Arsenal fanatics deserve. Especially considering now that you’ve actually witnessed the depths we’ve sunk to since Big Daddy Arsene is gone, you’ve still not apologized to the man and instead have actually doubled down on the idiocy lelellelele. Enjoy that away match vs Dundalk homeboy :joy::joy::clap::clap:

So can we have this on record here. Are you an Arsenal fan or not now?

2 Likes

Is there a good reason why I should be? What has a representative from this club done recently that would garner my unconditional support? Arsenal have honestly been a pretty scummy club as of late.

Arsenal playing a competitive match in Ireland for the first time ever. I am 100% going to enjoy that and it’s just a shame I can’t be there.

If you can’t take any joy from the club nowadays that’s a shame. For you. Obviously I couldn’t give a fuck if you’re happy or not.

1 Like

i find it awfully ironic that people were sorta like ‘if you cant beat them join them’ ‘arsenal need to be ruthless’ ‘class doesnt get you trophies’ ‘we go nowhere nowadays because there is no room for sentiment’

they didnt mind a bit of dirtiness from arsenal when it came to thomas partey.

The second it doesnt suit them ‘we used to be such a classy club’ ‘i cannot condone xyz’ ‘i cant get happiness supporting a club that seems to be starting to lack class’

which is it?

^^^^ only fucking morons said that.

ooooohhhhhh there is something i wanna say here, cant quite think what it was though :henry2:

You’ll never find a post of me saying that, although I do remember some ppl holding those views.

nah it wasnt that exactly

We have been in decline for a decade but people really choose to ignore that we got into the freefall under Wenger. If he didn’t get 65 points in his last season, Kroenke would have never let him go. Bit revising going on here.

I don’t agree, mate, that one touch football couldn’t do a job know ;).

2 Likes

Not with what we had it couldn’t and it never did then.
It’s why I refused to equate it with Peps Barcelona side. Also because the difference with that side was it actually pressed unlike Arsenal of that time.

Yeah we’ve been in decline for a decade which is all true.

Just sucks for us fans we’ve gotten even worse post Wenger.

1 Like

I always believed that Wenger implemented it wrong. But that doesn’t mean it can’t work, because Wenger didn’t knew how to inplement it properly. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

@Aussiegooner but it’s a false assumption that Wenger would have turned it around and made top four now. When you reach the state we did in his last season (players not having a single ounce of believe) that doesn’t get turned around.

4 Likes

I’m not sure whether I understand the construct od this sentence . You want to say we got 89 points in the Premier league in 2013? We got 73 m9. Man U who won it got 89. The closest we got to the title post-Cesc was in 2014 and we only got 79 points.

2 Likes

He means that between 1 january 2013 and 31 december 2013 Arsenal got 89 points. Which obviously doesn’t mean shit.

4 Likes

We were the calendar year champions in 2013 and 2015 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just the sheere pace and willingness with which we stormed through opponents midfield/defence in those days… always simply breathtaking. That made love football.
The first goal is everything. Now that was true Wengerball (absolutely despise this term from the depths of my tits).

That was the 2-2 game wasn’t it?

You know another quality teamgoal Henry scored that season was at Chelsea away. Everyone talks about Silvinho’s barnstorming equaliser, but have a look at Henry’s to pull one back and make it 2-1.

Mouth-watering.

Yeah didn’t we drop a 2-0 lead ?

1 Like