Arsenal Football Club History

Callum is a masochist

3 Likes

Such a nothing moment that became.

8 Likes

Leicester were unlucky that day, anyway. Should have been 2 up by the time Walcott and Welbz came on

5 Likes

Pretty much everything that followed that moment I expected, never felt we were good enough to reach 80 + points.

3 Likes

Everyone remembers where they were in that moment right? :flushed:

1 Like

It was the celebration that got me. They really made it look like they were a bunch of professionals who knew that moment was them taking charge of the title race, when in reality they were just a bunch of textbook Arsenal players.

11 Likes

The culture at this club is rotten to the core, on and off the field they’re all just a bunch of paycheque hunting bottlers.

9 Likes

I do but still not a happy moment :grimacing:

15/16 is probably the darkest season in Arsenal history? I follow this club only since van Persie got here, but I can’t imagine Arsenal giving it up even worse than 15/16.

That was the season when Alexis was playing the football of his life at the start of the season as a false 9 and made us a genuinely dangerous attacking side, gave a whole new level to our attack… just to be pushed to the wing again to play the fucking lamp post up front again because Wenger? Usually it would be impossible to explain such a move but everything was possible with Wenger at that time.

2 Likes

Fuck that annoys

That was so frustrating to watch.
Everyone knew we needed a top level striker and Wenger persisted with Giroud.
If we had Aubameyang that season we would almost certainly won the title.
I would really like to know if that was Wenger or the board that held us back, because whoever it was is almost totally to blame for the position we now find ourselves in.

:goat:

8 Likes

Superb goal.

That goal is often forgotten about because of what he did at Newcastle the following Saturday. I heard the Newcastle goal on the radio and the commentators waxing lyrical. I thought β€œnah, this goal isn’t going to be better than the one against Leverkusen.”

Boy, was I wrong

2 Likes

Fuck me I still remember going to school the next day and raving about it with everyone in the playground. What a goal :heart_eyes:

Here you have the highlights of the whole game too.

One of the earliest Arsenal games I can remember watching.

1 Like

We should have progressed from that group, 90th min goal in Leverkusen + home loss to Deportivo really cost us.

What a star Bergkamp was though.

4 Likes
2 Likes

And still cant get an emoji on OA smdh

1 Like

Sad cuz we woulda won the league going away had Santi been healthy the whole season.