5 Likes

I remember going to that game.
His third goal was definitely offside.
It would never have been given if VAR had been around. :grinning:

3 Likes

27 December 2009

ā€œFor Emergencies Onlyā€

1 Like

Ted Drake was working on his dads ice-cream van when Arsenal got in contact with him , if my aging memory serves me right Ted was playing for Southampton at the time and the Arsenal board wrote to Drakes dad asking him his permission to talk to Ted Drake about a potential move to the Arsenal. If I remember right, Ted signed for Ā£2ā€™000 a record for a player , so even way back then players were being signed for big transfers .
Ted was a real cigarette playing card type of player . A real player .

5 Likes

Boxing Day holds a piece of sad history for me as my grandfather died on Boxing Day . He was a 1st World War survivor and suffered shell shock and came back suffering from TB
I had tickets to White Hart Lane to see Tottenham vs Arsenal.
Arsenal won 4-2 and I think Nicholas scored 2 along with Woodcock . I can see big Pat Jennings in goal catching a corner with his trademark one hand .
Iā€™m thinking it might have been 1983 ?

10 Likes

All of those could walk into this side :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

@LordBendtner if you want your name changed to LordJensen just let me know!

(@Cristo)

5 Likes

Shooooooooooooooooot

Funny, @kroenkeoutplease and I were talking about this game just the other day!

Short conversation then

2 Likes

We lost that game 1-3 if I remember :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah correct. Jensen goal was an equaliser.

:fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

For me this was THE best Arsenal performance Iā€™ve watched (since 2002). Absolutely perfect. The defensive transition, transition from defence to attack, such unity, work rateā€¦ Juveā€™s best chance, and the only one, was that harmless shot by Camoranesi in 84th minute. One word: proud.
At that time we were an EXAMPLE how to play football (something like pool now, except much much better). Of course Barca was the most domiat team in Europe at that time, but they had better playersā€¦ The way we were oganised, every single detailā€¦ That 2006 CL team is Wengerā€™s most organised team, by aā€¦ whatever.
I just remebered those last minutes when Henry was playing with their defendersā€¦ Camorenesi lost it, got a red for a tackle on van Persieā€¦ Nedved got a red in the second leg, afer being totally dominated by Eboueā€¦ Great times.

1 Like

01/02/06

1 Like

Was that the day Campbell got taken off in the first half after being ruined?

Yep, I then met him on my birthday, the 11th, in a Pizza Express in Stratford after we drew at home with Bolton. He hadnā€™t yet returned to first team duties, so it was all a bit surreal lol.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve had some pretty cool encounters with some of our legends man haha. Very jealous!

1 Like