Arsenal Football Club History

3 Likes

:santi:

That’d make a fine emoji

ed12e93c6af58dc0fa18e31efa36af8acff03806

5 Likes

That game was especially great as we had lost at home to Inter 3-0 earlier in the group.

And that second Henry goal is something of a classic nowadays.

Good times.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be the last time Obafemi Martins fucked us.

6 Likes

This result was awesome, but it all would have mattered little if it wasn’t for a late Ashley Cole winner at home to Dynamo Kiev on the previous matchday.

3 Likes

Absolutely my favourite match to this day.
We were about to get knocked out of the CL, then the result of the other game (dynamo vs lokomotiv) went into our favour… we absolutely demolished them at san siro… without vieira and gilberto (and lauren)… An insane performance by Henry, but that was simply his standard at that time. That combination between him, pires and cole for his first, and his second solo goal were absolutely fantastic.
Btw I never forgot Wolfgang Stark after that game and always had a good feeling whenever I saw him in a match. :pires1:

And that’s just one of the reasons he’s an absolute Arsenal legend.
Fight me!

That game vs Inter lives long in the memory, but unfortunately we had so few memorably champions league at our peak.

3 Likes

This. It was standard fare that time and now look :frowning:

We’ll get back there buddy!

I’ve just read the last 150 posts in this thread and now I hate our current team so much more.

1 Like

This is definitely a historic game for me.
I have never seen this club in such a bad state and on such a poor run of games going back to the early seventies.

I have seen many average and below average sides at Highbury and the Emirates but we have gone the extra mile after this game and become the worst Arsenal side I, and most supporters, have ever seen.

This is not a knee jerk, this is appalling.

If he is still in a job after this match then we know we have an owner who is actually worse than this manager.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Bergkamps set up for one of Ljungberg’s goals in that game was exquisite.

One might say it was Bergkamp-esque

:snowflake::crown:

5 Likes

Almost NSFW that. :giroud2:

“One more year”

Ah man if there was one player I want to play infinitely for us, it would be Bergkamp.

3 Likes

1 Like

Walter Henry Lawrence.

The real Henry

2 Likes