Arsenal Football Club History

What a moment it was, but alas Wenger was our manager so unsurprisingly we bottled it.

2 Likes

LIVE if you want to watch it (that’s not LIVE they lied to me)

This is the goal I’ve most went off my nutttt at in years. Really thought we were winning it after that :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Arsenal TV commentary is so shit. Sounds fake for some reason. Like they did the commentary after the game, knowing the result.

6 Likes

Ah loved that goal. Last minute winners are always fun, but in my mind that goal had won us the league. The dream might have quickly been squashed, but for a little while at least it made me believe.

Similar to when Özil signed a new contract. That was one of my fave Arsenal days in recent years. Obviously in hindsight though, both events meant feck all.

Fifteen minutes away

Timed this post to perfection bl1nk with us losing currently to BATE Borisov in the UEL :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s nights like these, which sometimes makes it hard to give a fuck about this team when it’s been constant mediocrity in recent years. Wasn’t so long ago we could say “Well at least we play attractive football”. Not even had that luxury for a good while. Even that early season promise, when it was all fresh and exciting has gone and we’re back to this pain staking dreariness since December. We’re missing players through injury, but even then, we’re still this totally uninspiring force. Something is so badly broken within the culture of this club and I really worry it could get worse if it’s not nipped in the bud in the next few years.

3 Likes

Club is in crisis for the simple reason we dont have any sort of any plan. Begins and ends when this is formulated. Even a wrong one gives us something to learn from. As it stands we are in the wilderness and directionless.

3 Likes

Why would you post that? Do you want to be the thing that pushes someone over the edge? We’re depressed enough already mate and you’ve gone right for the feels.

4 Likes

@Calum not posting negative stats? I am worried :frowning:

Wouldn’t be posting them in this thread anyway mate :eyes:

My bad. Fucking @Aussiegooner ruining my life today.

On this day in 2011,

When we weren’t Europa League also rans and could beat the CL top teams. :disappointed:

3 Likes

One of my most favourite memories of uni life. Spraying my room with Carlsberg Export going ape shit
 And then doing the same in the return fixture when RVP got sent off

On the night it was great but I seriously don’t give a fuck about it 8 years later given it was ultimately meaningless.

2 Likes

In the stadium :relaxed:

1 Like

Like the Leicester last minute goal its sad we use them as something special. They are really nothing in the end. Might as well show the first half of the Newcastle 4 4 if where going down this road.

1 Like

It’s a great memory, and probably my favourite arsenal game from 2006 to the present, but losing in the league cup final, the second league, and collapsing in the league sours all memory of that season.

Tbh I think I celebrated that Arshavin goal as much as I did any of the recent cup winning goals

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat: