Arsenal Football Club History

Spent my childhood walking through those very turnstiles. Fucking hell, I miss that place.

3 Likes

I rarely went in the Clock End, I usually stood to the left of the North Bank or if it was a big game I would try to get near the middle just behind the walk way.

2 Likes

I’m still gutted I was to young and never able to attend a game at Highbury :cry:.

Next time I’m at a game I’m gonna go and visit Highbury. Need to see it with my own eyes

1 Like

don’t think I’ve lost my shit as much I did on this game. What a comeback that was.

2 Likes

Martin Tyler goat commentary again.

HENRY! WITH A MINUTE TO GO! THE GREAT MAN PRODUCES A GREAT MOMENT!

1 Like

Yeah, always the North Bank. There was a manhole cover on the curve about halfway up above the old alphabet boards in the corner. MY spot. The only drawback was ‘Soapy Joe’ from Hertford. The cunt never bathed from one month to the next, and if you were down wind . . . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a name that springs to mind from one of our greatest eras, but he’s from my neck o’ the woods so I’ll put him up.

4 Likes

Nice mate.

We’re such a small country in the grand scheme of things but we can still produce them.
Always love to read about Welsh player that played/play for us partly the reason why I’m a staunch defender of Ramsey.

1 Like

It would be interesting to know what we paid for him from Forest. Wouldn’t have been on Rambo’s wages, either. :slight_smile:

Well this website http://www.thearsenalhistory.com/?p=14356 has it down as £4800 and using the bank of England’s inflation calculator has his value down today at £296,213 which isn’t very much :joy::joy: But given that those values mean nothing to football so who really knows what he’d be worth today :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the link, Bergy. Wow, the spikes in fees in 1971 and 1979.

Wait, you’re Welsh?

:gabriel:

EDIT:

“clubs were often reluctant to release players for smaller home nations”

Jeez. Imagine that now. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes, ever since day one.:wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Charlton and Newcastle in the top 5…

After 24 matches we’d only let in 16 goals but scored almost three times that amount.
Nice to see spurs outside of the top six places as well.

The :crown:’s last goal for The Arsenal.

1 Like

All about the :goat: with the assist

One especially for @DavidHillier :wink:

2 Likes