Arsenal Football Club History

Same again on Saturday lads!

7 Likes

I sincerely don’t get how this goal isnt voted the greatest in PL history. I believe that accolade is given to Rooney’s overhead kick v Man City

This goal at one point was definitely voted best in PL history. But that’s a meaningless accolade anyway. Personally one of my favourite goals of all time and I definitely think it was exactly what you say it was. I love that man.

1 Like

On MOTD, Lineker said he had watched that Bergkamp goal hundreds of times and was one of the best he’d seen.

1 Like
1 Like

‘Ambitious effort, it’s in! Ooaah that’ll do it!’

Man I love the C:/

Edit: Wtf meant to type I love the CL :sweat_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

With all the stupid / meaningless stats bandied around, having 100 years in the top flight is a genuine stat that means something.

Everton would’ve beaten us to it, but I think they’ve been relegated once in their longer history (same as us) for a season or two.

1 Like

It’s 100 years continuous, Liverpool have 116 years total top flight years, Everton 104 and we have 102. Everton could be the next to reach 100 years uninterrupted in 2054. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think we’ve just overtaken or are about to overtake Villa too?

1 Like

They’re on 104 too. Madness.

Another good reason to keep them down for as long as possible!

1 Like
4 Likes

Ffs 10 years already.

4 Likes

Not to his own fault, but I have a really strong dislike for Almunia in an Arsenal-shirt.

11 Likes

Literally makes me cringe

My thoughts exactly as I scrolled through that tweet.

Don’t even need to press play. This was the day I wanted pirlo gone. Even before this he’d stopped trying but he just lets fab go right by him. Paying him 6m a season back then which is about 11 in today’s money and he plays like this. Then goes on to write shit about us in our book and how he dreamed of Barcelona who cheated us out of a 2006 final and many more games down the years…when he was already at the best club in Europe at the time. Stupid fucking talented shit haired wanker.

Each time i see him all i can think of are his looks like this

The pained looks him letting in a goal with stupidity with him on his knees looking to the clouds and screaming, FFS TERRIBLE goalkeeper!