Arsenal Financials

It’s a joke that we’re even linked with FFP.
We’ve had loads of seasons where we had a net spend of almost nothing.

So because of that we’ve had to play catch up with clubs who have been spending billions on players with dirty money from dodgy owners.

Yet clubs like Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man U, Juventus and recently Newcastle etc, have either spent way more or have some of the most unscrupulous owners in Europe, yet seem to get special treatment from UEFA.

How have small clubs with average support like Chelsea, Man City and PSG been allowed to outspend every other club, accumulate the best players and avoid the ridiculous FFP rules, while we could be punished?

The corruption at UEFA is blatantly obvious.

:arteta2:

:gaspar:

3 Likes

Okay so let’s take £85m as the max (assuming a good chunk are likely), plus £10m on the two kids and they’re currently 16th in the table struggling because of a few injuries.

They already had a good squad and needed to spend close to 100m just to maintain their position. So again I think it shows even the best clubs are likely to need to spend 100-150m a season to keep challenging.

Now we can also factor in sales and whether clubs can cover their expenditure this way but, regardless of how they finance it, I expect us and other top 4 contenders to keep seeing 100m+ outlays every summer.

Its way above UEFA. You pretty much cant regulate sport this size anymore. We seen this with City when they just went to CAS too answer the allegations of wrong doing.
There are loopholes everywhere.Pretty much ended up with the game being cuntball now.

4 Likes

Somehow we’d be the ones who don’t challenge it though and end up with a European ban :rofl:

1 Like

:vinai: ringing all the other euro clubs to apologise that we broke the rules

1 Like

Will wait for Swiss ramble

Cash position is up, positive

Commercial is up, positive

Broadcasting will go back up

Hopefully European football boosts the financial position too

Its all going the right way

2 Likes
  • Matchday revenue was £79.4m, compared to £3.8m in 2021 (Covid season)

I am surprised the world took 2 years to enter recession.

People were still spending money, just on different things.

Mostly joggers and hoodies

And bread makers

3 Likes

We’re gonna have to start forking out more on wages soon.

1 Like

Awww poor United, how can they possibly compete with the oil clubs?

11 Likes

How did Liverpool manage to keep their wages low?

Scrounging off the dole too, I’ll bet

1 Like

We definitely will, this wage bill would have looked very different before we ditched the useless but expensive Ozil, Auba etc. We can now afford to massively increase our wage bill but this time on players who are worth splashing on.

This looks very healthy to me.

5 Likes
1 Like