Arsenal Financials

I’ll be honest I didn’t think it was gonna be that many tweets :arteta: but once I started I had to finish it haha. Only took about 10 minutes or so.

The killer was losing my place which happened a few times and having to count the tweets back so I wasn’t posting the same one again :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

noooooooo seriously these 2 assclowns, of all the millions of companies out there.

1 Like

Would rather have signed Tap Water on a free. That’s the true prime hydration drink imo.

5 Likes

Is that a relation to Drink Water

1 Like

You’ve got to be fucking joking :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Glad to see the club collaborating with two of the most prestigious youtubers out there, shows our stature.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol fair play to Swiss Ramble as the initial post sounds worrying but if you read the whole thread it appears we are in a pretty good spot overall.

1 Like

My big takeaway from that thread is that we are pretty close to the line with FFP this cycle, perhaps only really able to add one more player of significant cost.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like we desperately need CL next season.

1 Like

I read the whole thread and that wasn’t really what I took from it tbh. Obviously the extra revenue would be good but it’s also unlikely we have as many massive summers as we have had the last 2 years which is of course the major factor with FFP.

If the plan is to throw down 150m per window continuously then we absolutely need CL but I don’t think we are in a position of “desperation”.

2 Likes

You’d hope we get to a position where we can throw 150m every summer as that seems to be the norm to remain competitive now.

However, I fully understand if we can’t do that until we have CL regularly and these last two summers were a slight anomaly.

The big challenge will be staying in the top 4 when we do finally get there as it’ll become easy to rely on it again financially.

That’s also why we need to get better at player sales, you can offset a dodgy season if you’re not consistently losing value on players.

1 Like

Not with clever recruitments where most of the squad is productive for us in any given summer.

City lost Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko and only add Haaland & Alvarez.
Liverpool only added Nunes to remain competitive.

1 Like

City spent over 100m on the most stacked squad in the prem.

Liverpool spent 100m on just Nunez and clearly need more investment.

Plus we’re talking about the two best clubs in the country who are only competing with each other really. Chelsea are spending over 150m per summer these days and us and Spurs aren’t far off so unfortunately it seems to be becoming the norm.

I’d like us to get more under the radar signings and manage to stay competitive but I think we’ll need at least 100m every summer to stay in the top 4 if we get there, more likely closer to the 150m.

Very true, however it needs to go on the right players we can’t do a united and throw 70mil on shit players two times a window

Nunez cost £64m up front, possibly rising to £85m based on conditions being met, like scoring a certain amount of goals and Liverpool winning the Champions League.

1 Like

Speak of the devil.

What a scoop from that journo lol we are a major club who have spent a lot of money, it would be weird if we weren’t being monitored by the guys who run FFP lol

3 Likes

Fucking laughable, especially when all the shit housery going on over there in catalonia, the money doping going on up in Manchester and Paris

3 Likes