Arsenal: All or Nothing (spoilers)

Watched the first two episodes. Really enjoying it so far. Been fascinating seeing so much of what goes on behind the scenes.

3 Likes

How long are episodes? 45 minutes?

When do new episodes come? I’ve only ever watched these in bulk (well like 1 a day) before

1 Like

The first was around 55 minutes, the second one 36 I believe. Not sure about the third, closer to 55 than to 36 it felt like.

Really enjoyed it so far, even though the first three games and the Everton game played a big part in these episodes. Looking forward to next week. Perhaps we’ll get some new insights into the Aubameyang-saga?

I suspect they aren’t going to give us many revelatory details about Auba. It just feels like the club and Auba struck some kind of deal where they would part ways and everybody would agree to bury the story of what really happened.

5 Likes

Just finished episode one.

Love it :arteta2:

2 Likes

:grimacing:

One of the pleasures of All or Nothing: Arsenal (Amazon Prime Video) is to see Gooners, like a bunch of latter-day George Amberson Minafers, get their comeuppance. “Being an Arsenal fan now really sucks, let’s be honest,” says KSI, the YouTubing rapper. “There’s nothing really to cheer about.” Can I get a boo hoo?

Oh fuck off. All fans think they have it the worst.

1 Like

This documentary shows the manager striving to inspire his team during a mediocre season. But now the Lionesses have shown us football’s true meaning, do we really care?

What?!

7 Likes

That article is pure clickbait and obviously that writer doesn’t understand the meaning of the word “mediocre” because the season was far from mediocre.

Edit:

Yeah, this guy obviously doesn’t follow the team closely based on this paragraph.

Even though that profligate summer of spending yielded more misfires than hits, Lacazette and Aubameyang have gone and I wouldn’t bet on them beating Palace on Friday. Arsenal are becoming as mediocre as Rwanda’s president feared. Not all or nothing, but something in between.

Newspaper critics are just frustrated talentless nobodies that no-one actually takes any notice of anyway.

5 Likes

While promising access to all areas, “the makers of All or Nothing are like embedded war reporters.” They are “unreliable witnesses compromised by close association with the subject of the show and so they don’t get the real dirt or footage of proper meltdowns”
Stuart Jeffries on Spuds one…fair to say he doesn’t enjoy all or nothing :roll_eyes:

Watched all 3 in a binge and I am really enjoying it, even the drepressing parts

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah this dude clearly got his knowledge from the doco itself, the fact he refers to the Rwandan president talking about mediocrity is telling since it is the subject of a question during an interview in the doco.

I haven’t watched any of the other all or nothings but I might watch some of the others (not the spurs one obviously) now. Regardless of how it’s spun, one thing it has made very clear watching this is how much utter bollocks is talked in the media especially about the internal workings of a team. Pundits don’t have a fucking clue.

I always knew that I think, but the documentary really highlighted the chasm between reality and the media.

5 Likes

The City and Brazil ones are good

Im a massive NFL fan so those ones are always good too

Could never watch the Spurs one’s

The Spurs one is good just for Mourinho. He essentially carried that doc.

Plus, you get to see Spurs celebrating finishing 6th on the last day if the season like they won the CL.

2 Likes

I very much enjoyed the All Blacks edition.

1 Like