Amadou Onana

There’s maybe an argument to be had that we turn players into pussies.

Trossard was playing with a sense of freedom and joy at Brighton this time last season. All down the swanny now.

If Onana came here and stopped making driving runs with and without the ball, it would be complete confirmation that ‘pussified play’ is part of the culture here.

How many different players have we been linked already for this window? Insane.

Especially when you consider we won’t be signing any of them.

Got an awful first touch.

I dont really want him. Would rather just have Elneny then. He strikes me as a lanky bastard with a hospital touch.

2 Likes

There’s a player in there but he would certainly not move the needle for us in January.

I think he’s more suited for Chelsea that’s a work in progress than us. I reckon if he were to come here now he’ll struggle for minutes and eventually regress.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1744319672940368292?t=Uo9poJiLU_bOfAaS2fps3g&s=19

1 Like

Honestly, no thanks. Unless it’s a loan or something which it almost certainly wouldn’t be.

1 Like

Won’t happen

Ah, of course Sacha, he broke the news when we signed Tielemans and Onana 2 years ago…oh wait.

3 Likes

I will say, the headloss if we were to spend 50m on a defensive midfielder this January with everyone and their mom begging for a striker will be monumental.

https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/1744332377155936540

Oh, it’s headloss incoming.

:arteta:

With Partey injured, this transfer looks more likely to happen than us getting a striker.
Onana is arguably the best player at Everton and with his PL experience, he could be a good signing.

He must be one of those midfielders @Broughie likes.

That midfield trio of Havertz-Onana-Rice would be peak respectball.

Suddenly, Toreira #10 doesn’t sound too bad.

It’s a No-nana from me

3 Likes

After the shambles of the other Onana i would be cautious of any Onanas just in case we get the same shambles.

If Onana is the answer, then you probably don’t want to know what the question is.

1 Like

even if he is great what use is a functioning midfield if we are not putting the ball in the back of the net to win some bloody games. We are creating enough clear cut chances but the prats arent scoring any.

He’s not too dissimilar to Partey in his style of play. Young at 22 with his best years ahead of him and already used to the hustle and bustle of the league.

2 Likes