Amadou Onana

I think that’s probably the general consensus among Gooners now, but once he’s here, I’m sure we’ll get right behind him.

(It’s a good January signing to make)

I think he’d be a huge success here. He and Rice isn’t a pair many teams will fancy playing against.

1 Like

It’s always better than nothing, I’ll give you that.

I just fear he’ll get lost. However, if we are paying big money he may be eyed to feature a lot.

He, Rice and Odegaard will be our midfield three for the next few years. All of a good age to build a good understanding.

His age completely went over my head. For whatever reason I thought he’s 23-24.

He’s 22 and was born in August?! Wowza.
I don’t take it lightly that he’s such a key player at his age for Dyche.

Must have a top mentality.

1 Like

Usual circumstances you would think why would Everton be prepared to sell mid season but could be a perfect storm of needs must with ffp meaning a sellable asset has to go. Similar to when we picked up Cazorla.

lol

https://twitter.com/mariEscobarPME/status/1744371403502072196?t=vnG-RMa6H1iGNJvjqU0-Sw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Brand1nho/status/1744373201566658633?s=19

My God, people are so sad!

4 Likes

You know what Arsenal twitter is like once they’ve got a bone to chase.

Almost as sad as Arteta fixing the attack by adding a dm. :skull:

3 Likes

Ahh here come the weirdos again stalking people

1 Like

He’s a good player. Excellent squad option. Does he move the needle and get us closer to City? I’m not convinced.

I wouldn’t celebrate him signing, but wouldn’t be cursing either. Onana brings a lot of physicaliy. Him in the 8 and Havertz up front gives usxa serious spine with Rice, Saliba and Gabby behind.

6 Likes

He’d be an excellent squad player and he’s still young so there’s no reason he can’t eventually be a Partey replacement.

I doubt he’s signing in this window unless Partey is leaving but if Everton need to sell to avoid any more FFP, perhaps we could offer a few of our players in exchange like, Elneny, Vieira or ESR.

1 Like

He’s good, but doesn’t strike me as a player for a top top team.
I could be wrong, haven’t watched much of him this season, he’s still relatively young and improving.

He was probably the best Everton player last season and although he’s not as good as Partey yet, he’s still got plenty of potential.

Onana alongside Rice and Odegaard could be a great young midfield.

1 Like

Probably rules out Zubimendi this summer if we sign Onana

Is it just me who thinks Onana is nothing like Partey in playing style?

1 Like

He’s nothing like Partey in terms of playing style

They have virtually nothing in common as players

1 Like

Not enamoured by this move…at all.

1 Like

There aren’t many players like Partey, that’s why he’s so good, so we’re not going to get the same quality because there aren’t any available.
But if we’re looking for a replacement in midfield then why not Onana?