Alvaro Morata

It’s just not going to go well. Gotta do something though I suppose.

3 Likes

tbh its better than nothing.

2 Likes

Never been a fan of Morata but it would be good if we can get him with low risk.

Would prefer Jovic

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Translated it.

Colour me unimpressed

2 Likes

Sounds like that line from the Running Man when Killian announces Dynamo and Buzzsaw.

@Sol knows what I’m on about

2 Likes

God we need goals so why would this guy be bought to solve that problem

2 Likes

I think i rather give Beireth a chance than sign this chump.

2 Likes

Arsenal logic.

He’s 29, scores no more than Aubameyang does now at 32 and we’re presumably offering him at least three years. Even for the extra squad depth it’s not worth it.

1 Like

No it would just be a loan until May. He doesn’t want to leave Juventus permanently.

In any case, I’d rather give Biereth a go and then circle back in summer when we have more time and clubs are more willing to sell.

He’s actually still an Atletico player. Juventus have been loaning him

Oh shit you’re right, hmm then I guess it would be a permanent deal.

Not particularly keen on that, he’s a 10 goal a season striker at best really.

Can’t see it being a permanent deal. Just completely opposite to any other deal we’ve done recently.

So Juve rents him from Atletico, we rent him from Juve. The ultimate rent boy, then.

1 Like

The annoying thing about this signing is that it isn’t actually bad it’s just grossly underwhelming to go from Vlahovic to a Morata loan.

I know it’s popular to rag on him but he’s a decent player, he’s got good all round game he’s just a crappy finisher. I think that as far as plugging the gap and offering an alternative to Laca it’s absolutely fine until the end of the season.

3 Likes

Loan would be wise after our shambles. We need striker depth. But contract? No thanks.

I dunno, if it’s a permanent signing then it’s easy to rationalise bringing Morata in as the pending upgrade over Laca who’ll be leaving anyways

Instead of looking for 2 CF next summer, we’d only need 1

On a base level that makes sense. On an I’d rather chew my own arm off than watch Morata stink up our attack for three years level, not so much.

1 Like