Alvaro Morata

We say that but Lukaku has a better goalscoring record and Morata has a near identical one. But I guess we win through default of him costing less than both of them. He definitely falls in the same bracket of striker as they do though. The tier below the top strikers (Kane, Aguero, Aubameyang).

1 Like

I am pretty sure Lukaku cost £75m.

If I’m right it might seem pedantic of me, but if we’re quoting costs in a comparison then the extra 15m makes a difference to the discussion.

1 Like

In terms of goals and assists per minute over 2 seasons in Europe and the PL Laca is shading both. This season Laca has 8 goals and 6 assists in 1400 minutes, Lukaku has 8 goals and 1 assist in 1600 minutes, Morata gas 7 goals and 0 assists in nearly 1200 minutes. Last season Laca had 17 goals and 4 assists in 2400 mins, Lukaku had 21 and 7 assists in 3500 mins, Morata had 12 and 6 in 2300 mins. Now you can argue our European opponents skews it but he still has better stats in the PL

Lukaku also breaks down attacks with his first touch and technique and his goal rate has dropped off this year as he’s been vastly out of shape. You have to set up an attack to feed him with crosses where as other players will interchange better. That’s why he’s scored less at United than he scored at Everton because all the attacks were targeted through him but you can’t do that at a big club. He also is generally crap in big games.

So yes I think we have the best player of the 3 and I also think last year was an adjusting year where he had a baron spell. I expect we’ll see him grow as a player especially if we buy more creative players to service him.

3 Likes

I seem to remember reading the initial fee being 75m with 15m of add ons that should be quite easy to hit.

Fair play, if those reports are accurate :+1:

Often hard to say with transfers as so much is often shrouded in mystery, just got to work with the sources we have.

Edit: yeah, BBC report the same as what you’ve said, I’ll concede to you on this one. I would be interested to know what the clauses are though

Looks to be set to join Athletico Madrid.

Will be interested to see how much they get for him.

Edit: Apparently its a loan.

1 Like

Loan with £48.5m option to buy at the end of it.

Will be interesting to see him at atleti, especially with less pressure on him to be the main goal provider and used more to link up the attack.

1 Like

Fuck me. Chelsea are good very good at that :joy:

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty good considering his form but it’s still a loss on what they paid for him (I think!)

Yeah, it would represent a loss, but not a bad one all things considered.
I guess as long as it is just an option to buy there’s room for further negotiation on that fee, particularly if it is in the absence of other interested parties.

I’ve no idea why Chelsea never went down this route with him. It became clear pretty early that he was no goalscoring #9.

1 Like

Yeah exactly. They got him to replace Costa (which he was never capabale of) where as Atletico are getting him to compliment the attributes of Costa and Griezmann :smirk:

Nearly 50m after a loan for morata, please say it aint true. He wasnt worth the huge money he went to chavski for and how on earth even after his poor performances are is he worth anywhere near 50m clubs are fucking bonkers.

1 Like

If Chelsea end up getting above 30m for this sorry excuse of a footballer im done. We will probably get 10m for Ozil knowing our business strategy.

1 Like

If they recoup close to 50 million quid they can be very pleased, been nothing but a failiure during his 18 months at Chelsea.

4 Likes

Awful striker with a great CV that fooled a lot of people.

7 Likes

He’s still a good striker just not suited to the PL imo

Should play in Serie A, imo.

Aint buying that. Much like Mustafi, you can coach and guide him all you want, but the lack of basic football intelligence and technical quality will still be there. Awful footballer.

1 Like
1 Like