Alexis Sánchez

For that reason I find it hard to wank lyrical about any of our impressive displays from that period. Biggest failure of our modern era and people want to relive globe trotting on smaller teams.

People like to throw this one at Arteta a lot but imagine what a real manager could have done with that squad. Was right before we descended into complete mediocrity as a squad and first 11.

6 Likes

Most (or all) of those players could never step it up when it mattered, that’s why I find it hard to romanticize about them.

Lost 3-2 to LvG’s Man United’s B Team, then instead of bouncing back. Lose against Swansea.

Finished on a whopping total of 71 points. Pathetic.

Truth is they had the golden opportunity and proved to be losers.

3 Likes

Yup some insane revisionism goes on in these threads tbh.

2 Likes

Southampton Boxing day was the day it died
Wasn’t convinced in any shape or form against Leicester because they played well on the day. Ranieri stayed strong and Arsene crumbled

4 Likes

His attitude stunk towards the end, even when he was scoring he was a shadow of himself, not tracking back demanded everything through him, constantly complained.

He was great for certain periods, but I don’t care for him.

Watching him and Monreal sulking about fucking everything on that left wing made me dislike them.

1 Like

We’ve always been capable of brilliant one off performances and still are. It’s only ever meant anything in Cup Finals (this last decade) and even then of the three later Wenger cup wins I’d say that only the last one against Chelsea was a truly great performance. We were damn lucky against Hull and just simply a much better side against Villa.

4 Likes

Our squad had no depth and there were always holes in the starting xi no matter how ya slice it our club was never on par talent wise with the bigger spenders. Criticize Wenger for his transfer activity or lack thereof but if ur trying to criticize the man as a manager of football ur clueless af :joy::joy::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Not with fucking Leicester though.

4 Likes

Our best midfielder was injured for more than half the season. Unlucky is really all it was and also not having a very deep squad. Brought Flamini out of retirement to play important minutes for us that season. Once again just not a great squad. Top top 3 or 4 players but the rest was barely top 4 standard.

You just described the Leicester squad. Obviously the manager was the difference.

1 Like

Would you say the same for United, City, Liverpool & Chelsea?

Thank you, I think I will. For his transfer activity was poor since 2009.

6 Likes

Fuckings AKB’s set themselves up for the knockdown today lmao.

3 Likes

Uhm Trion, you do know Rodgers, Mourinho and van Gaal got sacked that season aye and that Pellegrini was leaving since February of that season for Pep?

All four of those teams replaced their managers except one…us.

End result was Liverpool acquiring Klopp and City acquiring Guardiola, Chelsea acquiring Conte and Arsenal getting bummed out of the top 4 the following season.

2 Likes

Does it matter?
Those managers didn’t get sacked in Aug-Sep, did they?

We are talking about Pellegrini, Klopp, Mourinho(defending champion) and Louis Van Gaal. Quality Managers with quality squad(much more quality than what Wenger had).

What happened to these real managers & one fraud(Mourinho)?
Were their squad comparable to Leicester?

Why didn’t they allow Leicester to win the PL?

They got fucking sacked and binned for their underperformance. Wenger kept his job. 3 year contract in 2014 to lose the title to Leicester and another additional 2 years in 2017. What a great job.

I don’t give a shit about the consequence of their tenure.

That was not my fucking point. Go elsewhere

I’m comfy here thanks brother. How’s the hot seat.

Made it hotter by farting a mean one

So yeah strols.

No team should lose the title to a squad of Leicester’s level.
Why couldn’t United, Chelsea the defending champions, perpetual spending City, Klopp inspired Liverpool stop Leicester from winning the PL?