Alexis Sánchez

Between 2013 and 2018, Arsenal only made two good signings in Alexis and Özil. The rest of the signings between that period were either average or flops.

Ospina, Cech

Debuchy, Chambers, Holding, Mustafi, Gabriel, Kolasinac

Flamini, Elneny, Xhaka

Sanogo, Welbeck, Lucas Perez, Lacazette

£200m on that.

It was when Cazorla, Koscielny, Alexis and Ozil could carry the team no longer, the chickens would come home to roost.

6 Likes

Debuchy was a good signing and was first choice for France ahead of Sagna. Up until his injury against Stoke, Debuchy was one of our better players.

Rest, no comments.

So ya think Leicester woulda won the title that season if Kante went down injured at Christmas and never played again? Okay sure lmaooo :joy::joy:

Debuchy got injured in his 10th league game for Arsenal. He would play 3 more league games in 3 years after the incident. Wastage.

In Hindsight, yes but the purchase made sense.
There were question marks on all other signings that you listed

Just occurred to me…£200m spent but we’ve barely taken a penny back. Gabriel is the only one that’s been sold for double figures (£10m). Others have had to be let go on free transfers.

Ospina as well?

Sold for €4m

We probably could have recouped like 80-90m if we’d been smart. Chambers for example could alst certainly have been sold at a profit after that season at Fulham. This is where the lack of a DoF really hurt us. I can see the likes of Big John M selling him immediately after that season.

1 Like

The big fat Champions League level wage we paid most of these guys would put paid to such notion.

1 Like

Forget talking Arsenal and Titles, we haven’t hit 80 points for 14 seasons, when was the last time someone won a title with below 80 points ? My thinking is United in 1999 ?

3 Likes

Why would Inter accept this?

Sanchez has been awful and carries very high wages. He had a renaissance of about half a season at Inter but he’s otherwise always injured or really shit.

Plus I think De Jong as a target man is a fairly decent backup option to rotate and give Dzeko a rest. He’s not a great player but on a short term he’d suit Inter way more than Barcelona

1 Like

Lol this is exactly the type of shit that’s got Barca into this mess.

5 Likes

Intercept

1 Like

Looking at his decline he did us a favour not signing that new contract as he’d be another ozil and auba, just a shame we didn’t take the city offer in the summer.

3 Likes

I think he could’ve had more years at the top, had he joined City.

1 Like

Yeah, great player.

Arguably the last elite, world class player we signed.

2 Likes

It’s possible but the physical decline a big reason which is still likely to continue at city. Was clear he wasn’t the same in his last 6 months here.

1 Like