Alexis Sánchez

4 Likes

I never really liked his style of play, but looking back he really was a top player and we wasted his prime years. Happy for him that he could take at least a title back with Internazionale.

4 Likes

Guy was a beast under Wenger but I think would of been even more successful under someone like Klopp. His pressing and energy levels were insane.

Was a top player and glad we had him but has himself to blame.

Some people work smart whereas for years he was working stupid, he ran around like a headless chicken game after game burning himself out, playing at that intensity as your default setting was likely to bite him at some stage. Really did seem like he was running off of plutonium but before he hit 30 he was physically finished and that’s without sustaining serious injury.

2 Likes

I think it became clear guys like Alexis and Ozil were offered licence under Wenger they wouldn’t get elsewhere

1 Like

There was a span of 3-4 years Chile was reaching tournament finals and doing well in WC, where Sanchez hardly had 2-3 weeks of proper rest.
Even when he did have a break, I am sure he was being irresponsible in name of fitness regime.

2 Likes
1 Like

Bergkamp is top, then probably Henry, but as a “neutral” alexis definitely in my top five players for arsenal, just for the entertainment and electricity he provided in an otherwise quite underwhelming period/team. At his height a complete superstar, I remember how hyped (and rightly so) I was when he joined you.

2 Likes

No thank you

3 Likes

If he signed for 8 pounds a week I wouldn’t object.

50k, still worth a try… a try

I’d take a flyer on him especially if it’s a six month contract from January to June? We’ll be missing Aubameyang anyway. I’ve heard worse ideas.

Nah we got him in his prime an flogged him after we burnt him out he isn’t coming back here.

1 Like

We need to grow this group and bring in players that add for the following seasons.
Going back on players who have lost form isn’t an option.

3 Likes

Kevin trying to outdo Sol in the “Campbell talking nonsense” stakes.

5 Likes

Waiting on Naomi now.

Because of Persie thread, I went about some Sanchez viewing.

What a player he was!
He provided everything needed from a footballer, not just an attacker.

7 Likes

Probably one of my favourite Arsenal games that. I also captained him on FPL for that game :grin:

1 Like

Watching that video brings me pain, to look at that beautiful football and then think of the way we play now… Look at the movement off the ball, night and day to our shit dirt pounder football.

That team should have won the title the year Leicester won it. No question about it.