Alexis Sánchez

Yeah man, I was just having a little giggle with you, not trying to be a prick :pires1:

1 Like

At 17 he obviously has little to no experience, it doesn’t mean he isn’t talented

1 Like

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough

1 Like

I never said he wasn’t talented, I said it was folly to rely on him as one of your main strikers and sources of goals.

It would have been folly to rely on Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi at 17 as well.

2 Likes

I be surprised if ever returns to the form he did at Arsenal in his last full season with us. If they can get him back to scoring into lower double digits and playing somewhat decently then he be a decent squad member. But for the money he’s on, he’s someone who can’t be just decent for them.

You just do some A-Team shenanigans. Drug him up with some dodgy hamburgers, and then convince him he’s playing for Chile.

He’ll play well then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of my arsenal shirts have this guys name on, is it wrong to still wear them because I like the front of the shirt?

just peel the name and the number of, might ruin the shirt though

If he is truly such a great talent why not use him as back up?

Using him selectively seems like a great idea. But Solksjaer talked him up as Lukaku’s replacement and they only have two other forwards on the team (not counting Sanchez, who they’re reportedly trying to loan to Roma) so they’re going to end up relying on him a lot, much more than makes sense for any 17 year old player.

Think he’ll do very well in Italy with it being a slower league.

He’s done at the top level, he’s got the money he wanted for his dogs, and knows he can just chill until retirment.

I heavily doubt Alexis has degraded that much. I still think he is in the Top 10-20 players in the world. The issue Alexis has is that he needs a team built for him. Easy to do that with Chile. Same with Arsenal and Wenger at the time. Man Utd was built for Lukaku, Martial, Pogba, Alexis, etc. They lost the plot there.
I look forward to him moving on. Can’t wait to stand enjoying him again.

He’s not even top 10-20 in England!

2 Likes

:arteta: If he was top 10-20 in the world he wouldnt need a team to cater for him he should be able to complement any team not detract from it and have to have it made for him.

He hasn’t looked fit for like 2 years. Serie A might not be the PL but it isn’t slow enough to cover the fact that he’s shot. He’s not as quick as he used to be and he can’t change direction the way he used to to beat players. United will be overjoyed to recoup any of his wages and give minutes to younger players.

Talent-wise speaking. RVP performed best with a team tailored for him too. Many examples. If Inter and Conte can find the right balance and highlight his qualities then they can put a great challenge in Serie A.

Not sure about that. RVP that one year basically carried us and was even more important to our functioning than Cesc at times and I am an all out Cesc fanboy.

Agreed, Alexis. Welcome to the forum btw

I’d take him on a loan :slight_smile: