Alexis Sánchez

This would be amazing for United, all in all they’ve actually had a reasonable summer. They’ve got rid of a lot of wasters and brought in two really solid defensive options that could give them a reasonable outside chance of top 4.

You can see they’re trimming the fat and are going to go hard as fuck in the transfer market next summer.

Sanchez is literally one third of their attackers, shit as he might be. If he leaves and Rasford is injured they have to play 4-5-1 with Martial up front for the rest of the season or something lol

They really haven’t trimmed the fat much at all. The number of mediocre or past-it players they have on their books is shocking: Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Young, Darmian, Matic, Mata, Sanchez, Lingard.

Its like if we had three Mustafis, three Xhakas, and three Mkhis.

4 Likes

They’ve literally lost Lukaku (and not replaced him) and lost Herrera (who they didn’t want to lose and havent replaced him).

It was a terrible summer.

8 Likes

Their best attacker and their best midfielder not named Paul :arteta:

Getting Lukkaku out for 72 million was brilliant play. He’s fucking shite. If they get rid of Alexis too they’re in a position where they can recover and have a go at building a team next summer.

1 Like

Not replacing Lukaku in paritcular will come back to haunt them, he was sold to balance the books for Maguire.

He gets plenty of stick but was still essentially a one in two striker whereas Rashford and Martial average about one in four.

They had a shit show of a window.

3 Likes

Maguire will add more to the team than Luk ever did.

1 Like

Easy to say, Lukaku still managed 42 goals in two seasons.

1 Like

He’s an absolutely horrendous team player though. The one period United actually looked good last season was when OGS came in and Rashford hit form.

Now I don’t think Rashford is anything special but I agree with fucking off the donkey, backing Rashford and solidifying defense.

United fans are spoilt brats and have thrown the toys out because they didn’t get any marquee signings, bit I honestly really rate their two new defenders and I think it will give them a better foundation going forward.

2 Likes

Not only that, he offers a lot as a striker that goes underappreciated. There’s a reason Mou and Conte like him.

1 Like

The problem they’ll have is if Rashford or Martial go down or if they need to bring a forward off the bench. At the minute they at least have Alexis, if he goes what’s the plan.

They have solidified their defence granted

They seem to be looking at yoof from what I’ve seen, I’ll be honest I don’t know much about ther depth but there are some murmurs about some kids coming through. Back to basics it seems for them which I think is a much better approach that trying to shoehorn marquee signings like Pogba, Luk, Alexis into a team with no chemistry.

1 Like

Yep, them and Chelsea. The guys(Maguire and AWB) who they bought as well shouldn’t tarnish that.

Rashford and Martial have barely hit double figures in their best seasons. Their numbers are shit.

Miles off Lukaku. Now I don’t think Lukaku was ever that good, but he leaves a whole that I dunno they can fill with internal solutions.

Especially since I’ve been underwhelmed with how Martial failed to take his chance after Ole came.

Let’s see.

Solksjaer said this morning that they didn’t replace Lukaku because they wanted to give chances at CF to Mason Greenwood.

Greenwood is a 17-year-old youth striker who has played a total of six matches at U23 level and 115 minutes in the Prem. People rate him but he has less experience playing against grown men than Saka. And he is an integral part of the manager’s plans for the “biggest club in the world.”

This is a clown show. Ole is a nice guy but in waaaaay over his head.

1 Like

Sure, I totally believe him :wenger2:

Based on their track record in recent years, they will buy a Lukaku’s replacement sooner or later.
They are a club that needs immediate success, not going to give an inexperienced 17-year old too much time.

Well the window closed yesterday, so it’ll have to be later rather than sooner :wenger:

4 Likes

you know what I mean… dude :joy: