Alexandre Lacazette

Scraping the pipe a bit with that one now.

Probably and taken him for free in January :rofl:

Yeah, you can’t. He was a contracted player back then :slight_smile:

Lyon waited because they could, and because they weren’t challenging for anything.

If they were near the CL places, then maybe, just maybe, they could have been convinced to pony up some cash.

Thanks. Glad you agree.

But they weren’t, so they didn’t, and that’s why we get nothing for him.

Want someone to blame? Blame Lyon for being shit :slight_smile:

Yes, Arsenal

1 Like

lol :person_facepalming:

siu siu siu

3 Likes

Good chance it was all agreed in January anyway. What a pointless discussion driven by nonsense.

2 Likes

Still can’t believe we swapped Oli G who’s hold up play was much better for this guy at this cost.

Really sums up the brain dead waste at the end of Wenger time and then carried on by dodgy Raul for years to come.

Wenger did a lot of damage as he panic bought in his final years and for me dreadfully tarnished his legacy.

Raul was just shit all the way through.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s not the best business we’ve done.
We bought Lacazette and Aubameyang for 110m, who were then our most expensive signings and paid them around 500k a week between them in wages.
So to lose both of them for nothing does seem a bit negligent.

We’ve also still got Xhaka and Pepe, who were expensive signings and we’re going to lose about the same on them, which isn’t a great look for the way club handles transfer dealings.

2 Likes

I was moderately happy with his first couple of seasons. I think he got POTY once? The last couple though he looks like a 34 year old.

This was just such a messy transfer though. We bid for him and it was rejected, so we did nothing and persisted with Giroud. Next summer we end up buying him because Giroud wasn’t cutting it and we needed to sign somebody over doing nothing again and he was it.

How did that happen? Our football must have been absolute gash that season.

More an indictment of our fans tbh

1 Like

It’s over bro, it’s finally over. Put down that poison.

It’s over

Did he not win it in 2018/19

Think that was his best season for us and he scored some very important goals on the road to Baku

2 Likes

Great move if we pull it off.

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this in the red and white

2 Likes

Lacazette would be a great signing. Just what we need up top, pacy striker with a mean right foot