Alexandre Lacazette

About 1/3 of those being from pens iirc, but yeah I guess thats where a lot of goal scorers get their goals from.

1 Like

Yeah, quite possible he’ll be on most of the pens again

Do you happen to know who Lyon’s current penalty taker is? I vaguely remember Dembele taking them, but not sure if he is leaving or not

Yeah, think he took most of their pens last season and converted all of them. Apparently his future was dependent on Lyon getting Laca. Now that he’s there, think Moussa will be on the way out.

All he needs to work on, then, is his diving skills. There’s a bloke up the road that can coach him on those.

I’ll go unders but I do think it’ll be close as I assume he’ll likely take pens.

1 Like
1 Like

We literally coulda sold this mug for money in January and it wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference to the outcome of our season.

Well done, Arsenal. You’ve done it again.

No chance

4 Likes

Yes

Who on earth is paying money in January, when they can get him for nothing six months later.

That’s nonsense.

2 Likes

Yeah cos thats how it worked with Alexis Sanchez

Alexis Sanchez was a massive talent who was considered one of the best players in the PL there is absolutely no way we were getting a fee for a fat Lacazette on nearly Β£200k a week in wages lol

And even with Sanchez being a premium talent we had to settle for an exchange lol

1 Like

It’s still a β€œsale” effectively. You’re getting a player with a marketable valuation back (who we inevitably gave away for free in the end while he was still contracted with us- see the pattern here?)

I’m not for one moment suggesting that Alexis and Lacazette are in any way comparable talent-wise. However, I’d have probably taken a straight swap deal for another striker in January if it came to it. That would have been better all round, particularly as we’d just got rid of a contracted Aubameyang. For free.

Not sure what you’re smoking this morning, but pass some this way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes

Who would seriously have bought him in January?? No chance!!

1 Like

Sanchez was performing for us…

Here, have this pipe. It’ll all make sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lyon got him for free now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they may have come in sooner.