Alexandre Lacazette

Wtf mate? Why are you so defensive and talk like this? :man_shrugging:

And to expound on this, what kind of serious club doesn’t give their management team any objectives and just let’s them coast through some sort of bull shit project with no consequences for being shit? Arsenal aren’t a serious club, so how can they expect heir players to be serious? Will never blame Auba for anything as long as he’s playing for a 2 bit organization like Arsenal.

No goosebumps from the song today then. One trick donkey.

1 Like

Don’t think it had anyone fooled tbh, people just so anti Laca they don’t seem to read what’s said.

No arguments from me that we need a striker, whether it’s a backup or a starter we need one in Jan. We all know Laca hasn’t got the fitness to play every game whether he plays well or not.

I would be fine with just a backup though, to offer an alternative since Auba is done here. Doubt we can get a top striker in Jan so bring in the guy who will support that future signing right now.

Don’t think Laca was horrendous today but he should score that chance from the pullback. At least he was in the box and not on the RW again :wink:

2 Likes

Just to add - the main point is that he is the best CF at the club currently, so until we sign someone he should start.

Auba is a donkey, people think he’s been a way better signing because of ‘sweg sweg sweg’ and goals being more flashy than hard work, but in reality they’ve contributed almost the same overall.

Handshakes aside, getting rid of both for two new forwards will be great.

1 Like

Very well put there @Starboy. :+1:
People think we’re fanboying over the guy and he can’t do no wrong for us but we have called out his flaws and bad performances plenty and we also agree he needs to go in the summer and we could do with a better and younger striker than him.

1 Like

I thought he was pretty awful today.

Felt like he couldn’t move. He’s not quick at the best of times but today felt especially bad. Maybe it was playing against a deep block but it just really highlighted his deficiencies.

1 Like

Yep, as bad as he’s been in a long while

1 Like

Didn’t watch it live so seeing the game for the first time on motd 2.

Fucking hell how many chances did this guy miss?? Two were absolute sitters

:fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish:

:clubs::heart:

He took them all out.
Giroud, Sanchez, Auba, Perez, Nketiah, Balogun. :rofl:

4 Likes

I know he has had some decent games with holding the ball up and interchanging play, but we’re gonna need a lot more than 3 goals in the last 17 games from him to finish top 4.

2 Likes

I’d say Lacazette has about 4-6 goals left in him this season. I’m saying that with a straight face too.

2 Likes

Well that’ll eclipse the 3 scored in the first half of the campaign.

2 Likes

:joy: It would wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Even though he’s been great off the field by every account, I think you also have to worry about his motivation level for the top four fight given that he is leaving on a free. Some players in that position completely maintain their level, wanting to go out as strong as possible. But he wouldn’t be the first player to dial it back a little bit in the spring before a Bosman. You definitely don’t want to get injured in his position. And while he might genuinely want the club to get top four and for his teammates to enjoy that, the fact he wouldn’t be around to play in the CL himself (or to get any of the salary bonuses that come with top four) could hurt his motivation at least a little bit.

We’re about 24 hours away from leaked stories to Gunnerblog that the club are offering him a two year extension plus an option for a third year in light of the failed attempt to bolster the striker spot and that “club hierarchy” are so impressed with his work ethic.

That meteor can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Goebbelblog (thanks @Electrifying ) to post some pro-club nonsense once the window slams shut and we’ve signed nobody.