Alexandre Lacazette

Couldn’t have asked for a better response after missing that big chance on Thursday, let’s hope he carries it into this week cause he’s definitely going to be starting that match.

1 Like

:100:

He came up big a few years ago against Valencia right?

I wouldn’t start him on Thursday because I don’t think he’s our best CF option, but he’s definitely going to start.

1 Like

He hasn’t got a bad record in Europa League knockouts, he scored that goal that should’ve won us that Atletico match and also that screamer against Napoli.

1 Like

Where was this finishing against Slavia Praha?

Typical small time player mentality. Can’t score when the chips are down but scores for fun in meaningless games against relegation fodder.

2 Likes

Good goals today and the ball seemed glued to his boots, his control was very unlike him.

2 Likes

He doesn’t score in big moments often enough but it simply isn’t true that Lacazette pads his numbers against relegation fodder, he’s got a number of goals against so called “big teams” and has scored in big matches for us.

1 Like

He actually tends to score against big sides, so that’s not true. Has scored multiple times against Liverpool, City, Tottenham, etc.

1 Like

Conundrum for Thursday now. Can’t leave Auba out can we? Tempted to see Laca and Martinelli again though. They seemed to work well together with Martinelli making dangerous runs into the space when Laca drops deep.

What’ll happen is Laca will play CF and Auba will play on a wing.

2 Likes

For me this is really the only mistake that he can make. I don’t think for instance like others do that starting Lacazette on Thursday with proper wingers outside of him would be criminal as long as you’ve got a plan to bring Aubameyang on and in a timely manner, not giving him 10 minutes. Or just start Aubameyang up top, but we know he won’t do it.

Yup he will go right back to the same shit I assume.

2 Likes

One of the hallmarks of Arteta’s management this season has been seeing obvious solutions and then pivoting away in favor of his own approach. I doubt Thursday will be different.

1 Like

If Saka isbout injured Laca may start at #10.

This performance against the worst team in the league will deffo bag him a start Thursday.

If he lays an egg then though… :angry:

1 Like

5 goals in his last 5 PL starts I believe now.

50 pl goals.

Amazing.

£1million per goal. What an investment.

7 Likes

13th Premier League goal. 14 is the max reached few seasons ago.

1 Like

Becoming pretty famous in Arteta’s pressers now. Kept asking him about Alex.

What if he was the mole? :anguished:

His minutes MPG are pretty impressive here.
Arguably one of the top strikers in PL this season. :eyes: (need to put that in the ad when teams come knocking :joy:)
Granted, Kane aside that’s a pretty poor return from the PL strikers.

Probably largely skewed by him being subbed off when he’s breathing out of his arse.

2 Likes