Alexandre Lacazette

I like the way Lacazette is getting the flack , it’s hilarious and so blinkered.
The way our ‘attacking’ midfield get into the final 1/3 only to pass the ball wayyyyyyyy back , then a little sideways pass , then , a stray pass .
Yeah , gotta blame Lacazette for that .

Nah man Lacazette is getting the blame because he was beyond abysmal last night, perhaps Arteta’s instructions but what was with his positioning, dude was at centre back at one point which would be fine if the dude didn’t have negative stamina.

Big nights like these where we boss possession are on the strikers, if we don’t go through it will be largely because Saka and Laca couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn last night. No different than when Giroud cost us against Monaco? - I believe it was.

3 Likes

So were the other 10 players on the pitch .
Lacazette wasn’t on the pitch for the diabolical defensive mess up for the equaliser.

Wasn’t on the pitch for our goal either though lol

5 Likes

Right up there with Mustafi as the worst signing in our history.

When you think about the money spent…

3 Likes

You could mention about a dozen or more players

You just knew a shit finish was inevitable when he was lumbering through on goal. Half expected the defender to catch up with him :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah for sure. If you look at the top 5 worst deals in this clubs history I think one and two are a shoe in.

2 Likes

Pepe, Lacazette, Mustafi, Xhaka

All big money put into them with no improvement to the side :weary:

Just hope we aren’t adding Partey to that list :grin:

It clearly is Arteta’s instructions, and it doesn’t make sense to do it as often as this. Laca drops back a bit more usually but this was clearly what he was told to do and yeah, there was just no presence in the box then. I also think that he did play a few good balls around the corner when we got in a few times that will be forgotten because we then fucked up from a good crossing position or missed a chance.

Ultimately that miss, which was fucking shite and the fact that Aubameyang should’ve played instead is why people are out to kill Lacazette despite the fact that he wasn’t a complete disaster imo. When you miss a chance like that you deserve a hell of a lot of criticism though, that’s your bread and butter as a striker and he has missed too many of those now.

If arteta instructs him to drop deep to help play that’s fine, but if the ball is on the wing near the box you have to sprint into the box, so often he couldn’t be bothered because he’s a lazy player. We have in recent games, surprisingly for us, put in some god crosses into the box with lacazette walking outside it. Fuck that, what a shit number 9.

I agree that he doesn’t have enough presence in the box and doesn’t anticipate well enough but I think in this match a lot of the crosses coming from wide were pretty poor themselves. He wasn’t great or anything but I think in this particular match that miss is what is defining it for people rather than him having a shit 90 minutes otherwise. But that miss was trash and you’re a striker, so my heart doesn’t bleed for him at all

Xhaka is the best value for money out of those 4 which is a scary thought.

Artetas super slow methodical way of playing suits him to a t. It’s like I’m watching him for Switzerland. But cmon when we needed him to be a dynamic well rounded player like all the other top teams have, he failed miserably and he’s a huge reason why we are a mid table team. Recency bias man Xhaka is every bit as woeful as the others.

1 Like

All 4 signings listed a certified busts man, I wasn’t trying to say Xhaka was a good signing.

2 Likes

A big excuse for Arteta is that he wants to play like City but doesn’t have the players to do it. I don’t watch city a ton, but has anyone ever seen Aguero playing CB before?? :joy::joy:

4 Likes

It’s called false, false, false #9.

2 Likes

MOTM today for me, Ceballos and Xhaka very close.

1 Like

Should start on Thursday

1 Like

It’s gonna be Auba on the left or Laca at #10. I hope people don’t lise their shit again over it.