Alexandre Lacazette

I think it’s crazy to suggest a man with a goal scoring record comparable to Giroud, Lukaku and Morata is a quality striker.

Laca is just a good player and that’s basicslly his ceiling in my eyes. We’ve seen as good as it gets from him and to be honest that good as it gets isn’t really all that special.

2 Likes

It’s semantics. Don’t get caught up on the adjectives. Its painfully obvious to anyone not wearing Arsenal tinted glasses that Laca is a tier or two lower than your Aguero’s, Kane’s, Salah’s, and Auba’s of the world.

It isn’t comparable to someone like Morata though. He scored more goals than him last season (and spent two months out) and will certainly score more than him this season.

He also has to compete with Auba so he isn’t even our first choice striker now. I think if he finishes with 20 this season, which he hopefully will, then that’s a good return for someone who’s our second choice striker.

I agree that he should score more, but his general play is quite good and I’d rather have him than not.

So you’re only quality when you’re scoring 20 goals per season?

@BigWeng_4LYFE not sure anybody is arguing he is on the same level as those players.

Exactly lol

Its like saying “Ozil isn’t gonna fire us to the title”, cause in 6 seasons now he hasn’t. That doesn’t mean he can’t play for a side who would win one, because he obviously could.

1 Like

He has not exactly got a consistent run of games or a competent team behind him, does he?

And he is just 5 short of what Auba has achieved

Exactly.
Apart from Aubameyang, what other player has been better for us this season?
Selling our second best player, so we can spend the money on strengthening our defence, not only solidifies our sixth place position, it also confirms our position as the paupers of the PL.

Selling him really would be showing the other top clubs in Europe that we aren’t a force any more and that spurs are now the top London team.

If it’s good enough for spurs to refuse to sell their top players. then it’s certainly good enough for us.

1 Like

Probably missed it, so we have drawn Rennes in next stage? Nice.

That’s really annoying…

Obviously he elbowed a guy but it was just in the heat of the moment out of pure frustration. Three games seems excessive to me.

Should play full game in the league then, well rested.

1 Like

No worries, we have the elite alternative that bags loads of goals against Europa bums… :auba:

Hopefully it serves as a lesson to him, I’m still not over how dumb his behaviour was

3 Likes

Auba should be nowhere near that group of players. Different level.

Well, he is a moron. He didn’t manage to offer his services to France at the last WC and now we could get knocked out before he plays again.

You always post absolute nonsense. If the manager doesn’t pick him how can he offer his services? He can’t just turn up to a squad he’s not been picked for :joy::joy::joy:

No surprise my understanding is straight red cards normally come with a 3 game suspension.,

Depends on the offence. Always has. A handball off the line for instance is one match. This was violent conduct so three.

2 Likes

Very true, think I just was ready for the 3 game regarding Laca due to the type of incident that occurred.

1 Like

“Hey lads I’ve turned up to play for England”

“You weren’t picked and who are you anyway?”

“Look I’m offering my services for the World Cup, you want to win it or not?”

“We want to win it ofcourse, but you’re not welcome here and if you don’t leave I’ll have to call security”

“Good you want to win. So which position do you want to play me in then?”

“I can understand you were disappointed with not getting your call up but this is completely delusional”

“Delusional you say, don’t know that position but I’m taking a variation of centre forward, yes? Great. Because if you don’t offer your services in life, you don’t get”

1 Like