Alexandre Lacazette

You could find next Fekir via scouting. Quality strikers are hard to come by.

But heā€™s not a quality striker.

1 Like

Itā€™s not often me and you see eye to eye mate. It feels good doesnā€™t it.

2 Likes

Get me 2 top CB first if we can spend 150m

1 Like

This is pie in the sky my dood. Those guys are on seriously bad contracts and nobody wants them, they are shit. it would be a miracle to find takers on those guys.

I hate to use lolpool as an example but they have their shit together lately. Coutinho was a player clearly who was surplus to requirements, they sold him and got better because they took those funds and invested them in quality players. Keita, VVD, Salah. Thatā€™s the way you make shit happen.

Of course the caveat here is that lolpool invested those funds properly. I donā€™t have faith that our management would make any smart moves after selling, but Laca and his Theo like return of goals and assists isnā€™t gonna be a gigantic loss, and heā€™s one of the few guys on our team with any value whatsoever.

If you guys like scraping and clawing for that 4th spot, more likely 5th or 6th, thatā€™s fine hope you enjoy it. However if this club ever wants to experience glory again they need to start thinking bigger.

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

To put this into perspective, heā€™s outperforming Theo by the skin of his teeth.

Would you people swap Lacazette for Kolasinac? Denis Suarez?

I canā€™t believe people can criticise our shit transfer business and then propose selling one of our least shit players to give a bit more money to a club to spend on what will most likely be shit transfer business. Cull the crap before we start culling the decent, thatā€™s where the ā€œimbalanceā€ in the squad is.

11 Likes

Which is a point I brought up, but itā€™s about hope. Laca isnā€™t gonna fire us to the title my dood, we already know this :joy::joy:

Truth. Even last summer we wasted Ā£40m+ on Sokratis and Leno. Weā€™ve not done smart business at all, the whole squad of full of expensive mistakes.

2 Likes

He is though

Of course one player isnā€™t gonna fire us to the title. You need a quality team to win the title.

Laca could easily be in a title winning team. Heā€™d be a great asset for any of the top 6 teams.

Canā€™t believe Iā€™m reading such crap in this thread lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so simplistic.

This isnā€™t FM man :joy:

I could say the same about thinking we can find a striker replacement of similar quality

Coutinho made way for several guys who improved their team overall. Whatā€™s diffucult to understand about that? Funny thing is that we wouldnā€™t even have to buy a Laca replacement because Auba is superior as a goal scorer regardless. In fact thereā€™s an argument to be made that persisting with two strikers, just to make room for Laca in the team, hurts our overall game. We constantly are getting bullied and outnumbered in midfield.

Heā€™s got a Giroud-esque goalscoring record and he didnā€™t cost nearly Ā£50m so :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The thing is though itā€™s not a bit more money itā€™s sums around Ā£50-60m and that represents good business for someone who doesnā€™t really have the numbers.

Iā€™m totally in favour of getting rid of the dross first but thereā€™s no need to have a Ā£50-60m second choice striker when we lack any quality wide men whatsoever.

2 Likes

The club is in a fucked up purgatory. We still think we are some type of mega club, but we clearly donā€™t have the money needed to compete nowadays. The club need to come to terms with what they are atm. Guys like Papa, Laca, Xhaka, and more, are a tier or two down from the top players, yet we continue to blow our meager transfer budgets on these guys who arenā€™t going to propel us forward. Definition of insanity stuff tbh, such a shambles.

1 Like

Lacazette is quality imo. Just not 50 million lol. But thatā€™s the Lyon tax.

How is Lacazette not a quality striker? This is just craziness.