Alexandre Lacazette

Sell one of our better players to solidify our regression into a 6th place team.

Genius.

14 Likes

I can imagine the scenes now. People who are advocating selling him to free up funds then throwing a fit about squad depth when Auba gets a three month injury and we have fucking Nketiah leading the line.

No point beating round the bush, I’m looking at you here @Aussiegooner :rofl:

11 Likes

Two strikers is an absolute necessity in today’s game.

2 Likes

I literally cannot believe that we have fans who STILL want to sell Laca lmao. It’s fucking amazing.

This happens like every two months or less in this thread.

One of the only upper hands we have on a lot of the sides around us is that we have great strikers, and some of you want to sell the one who’s 27, keep the one who’s 29 and presumably have Nketiah as our backup option given that Welbeck is leaving?

I’m literally on the floor laughing lmao

1 Like

5 Likes

Forwards is a damn tough and costly market to get right, we should always be grateful we have that area sorted out.

Not to mention Welbeck is leaving too, perhaps Nketiah should show he’s some prodigy first before we entertain the crazy idea of selling Lacazette.

1 Like

The scary part is that some of them aren’t trolls lol

Selling him and promoting fucking Nketiah who is a championship player at best is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read on OA.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Of course he’s not, our club is run by incompetents who are bereft of ideas on how to handle our assets :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Wanting to sell one of your best players for 60m is unaspirational and planning a squad for mid-table. It’s not like you can even buy any sure fire hit for that money.

Instead of selling Laca you sell failing players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinic, Mkhitaryan, Elneny for say 80m in total.

The only way you would sell is if you were getting 100m and then it’s worthwhile

You honestly reckon we’ll get 80 million for those players mentioned ? Considering the wages they’re on, the only one that’s probably sellable is Xhaka.

1 Like

Works out to an average of 16m each. Knowing how we move I doubt we’ll get that much, but it isn’t exactly unreasonable to put the figure of 80m out there.

At an average of 16m a player so maybe it’s possible. If we shift them in the PL it maybe doable. Kola maybe hard to shift with his 110k or 120k wages and it depends how much Mkhitaryan is really on. With Wenger leaving this is one thing we should look to improve, shifting dead wood and getting money for it.

Don’t have to click on the likes to see who done them. Guaranteed its aussie gooner and shevchenko?

1 Like

Xhaka is the only one of those players I think we’d sell without Subsidising the wages, unless of course we take next to nothing in transfer fees for them.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s not outrageous to want to sell Lacazette if it means we can strengthen other areas of the squad. It’s even more outrageous to hold onto a striker with an average goalscoring record who could command north of £50m in the transfer market. At the end of the day we need to be significantly more astute and diligent in our planning and I’d be willing to bet we could raise £100m+ selling the likes of Laca, Xhaka, Elneny and Mkhitaryan and those are 4 players who are all replaceable.

I think Laca is a good player and I would love to keep him but if it means we can spend more money in the summer then I’m all for it.

5 Likes

Considering who we have at the helm we have to be hella ruthless we should be selling Laca and trying to sign the likes of Fekir.

Our squad is too top heavy considering the other areas that are simply neglected, our wing game is nonexistent and quite frankly embarrassing.

2 Likes

Absolutely. If we could bring in Fekir at the expense of Lacazette it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

Don’t talk sense mate, people will come up with a short nothing response looking for cheap likes.

It’s not ideal @JakeyBoy, I’d rather us just go out and spend 150 million quid this summer without selling Lacazette, but if it means balancing the squad better, then I think we’d be silly not to cash in one of our assets as he’s only our 2nd best striker.

Obviously we’d have to find a backup striker to Aubameyang though that’s more suitable than Eddie.

3 Likes