Alexandre Lacazette

They are attributes in his style of play though, he shows them still, hes still 2 footed and versatile, hes still good and progressing play.

I believe he would thrive under Arteta like a Bernardo Silva.

With Laca gone, Auba can play ST all the time instead of having to drop deep and be Kolasinacā€™s partner in defense. Iā€™m all for it.

2 Likes

If theres any justice in the world this should happen as Lemar was great at Monaco. Iā€™m 50/50 about letting Lacazette go tho as its not that easy to let go a striker of his calibre

2 Likes

Why you so high on keeping Laca and getting rid of Auba haha?

The song titles have went over your head mate :joy:

2 Likes

If that was the case Atleti wouldnā€™t be selling him. Lemarā€™s confidence has clearly dropped, you can see it in his performances too. Again, as you said, he could thrive under Arteta but thatā€™s taking into account that Arteta rejuvenates him. Arsenal are taking a bigger risk and Atleti get a player they really, really want.

Haha you can tell Iā€™ve never been a Lemar fan. My bad bro

2 Likes

Not only does Arsenal not have the right personnel to pull that off but also, that style can hardly be successful in the Prem unless youā€™re a lower to mid -table side.

Thatā€™s would be great deal for Arsenal.

Lemar has the ideal profile for what we need on the LW. Heā€™s basically a massive Iwobi upgrade

1 Like

50/50, Lemar. Primary school. GOAT days.

I would like this trade, but we should get some cash as well imo.

Or just give them Laca for cash only.

Heā€™d actually be a very good fit for Simeone too, his defensive actions and workrate could work well in his system.

Not what we need though.

1 Like

Ehhh Lemar is a bit one footed and most of the chance he creates are through crosses.

2 Likes

Thomas Partey in exchange and then weā€™re talking.

1 Like

Hes more comfortable with his strong foot but whenever Iā€™ve seen him hes used his right foot to shoot and pass when needed to which is more than alot of players.

He plays in a rigid system deployed on the wing, so I think that stat is an obvious? And what is wrong with that?

Initially I was for Lemar, but looking at some things closer, I have gone off him.

At the very least, boy did we dodge that Ā£92m bullet in 2017.

Iā€™d take him in this deal if it were to happen, but Iā€™d rather take the Ā£40m or something.

We need a backup striker. Auba has been indestructible so far but weā€™d be left in the lurch if he got injured. For now Laca and Auba are fine, I just really dont like them playing together. Laca definitely should be riding the pine and playing in the FA Cup and EL predominantly imho.

2 Likes

He creating mostly through crosses is something thatā€™s been part of his game for all of his career and canā€™t he blamed on Atleticoā€™s setup.

Crosses are not an effective way to create chances.

1 Like

Player that plays on wing predominantly his entire career has been creating through mostly crossing which has been part of his game all of his career as a winger.

Iā€™ll have to tell Trent/Robertson/KDB etc that the way they are getting all their assists is not effective.

In all seriousness though. Lacazette is part of Arsenal that has been an absolute let down, we need to start fresh and so does Lemar. Would like to see it.

2 Likes

Laca was our player of the season last year and has done more for us than Lemar has at Atleti.
If weā€™re gonna get rid of Laca, Iā€™d rather us get Partey than Lemar.

Heā€™s been injured and going through a rough patch this season trying to get back into form. Weā€™re gonna need him if weā€™re gonna get anything out of this season.

2 Likes

Yep. As bad as his form is, Lacazette has been a much better player for us than it sounds like Lemar has been for them.

We have the leverage here.

1 Like

Agree with that. Lacazette is the player with more market value and its fair to assume that Atleti want Laca a hell of a lot more than we want Lemar.

Iā€™d prefer an outright sale in the summer and to invest that into players that Arteta wants, rather than a quickly thought out swap + cash for Lemar. We could still do a good deal for Laca on 6 months time.

1 Like